We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
74 posts
33 reviews
Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

Here's my trip report from our stay all the way back in January: …blogspot.com/search/label/Ko%20Phi%20Phi

We stayed 2 nights and it was not enough! If I could do it again I'd stay at least 3, maybe 4.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
124 reviews
1. Re: Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

It is just gorgeous isn't it!

My favorite hotel - can not get enough of it!

Your photos are lovely, makes me want to be there again.

We were also there the first week of January, perfect time to be there.

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

wow fantastic review, i cant wait to go we are going for three nights in september, we will deffinatly be hireing a boat for the day. i just hope that being september that we get lucky with the weather

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
3. Re: Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

Are the new rooms ready yet?

Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
4. Re: Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

Yes, loads of new rooms are now in use. The new pool too, is open. We were last there in February and the new development was then opening fast. I have to say that the new constructions have been done in such a way that they look like they have been there forever !! First class re-development.

Our next visit will be late July / early August.

Would love to here from any recent visitors regarding the new bar / 'restaurant', at the sothern end of the bay.

Can anyone say if this is open yet ?

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
5. Re: Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

Do you know if the German hotel manager is still there? I bet he'll remember me!! Have to send them a mail to make sure we get the right room this time and if he's still there I'll reference the problems we had last time. But its our 3rd stay there so it hasn't put me off.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

Current manager is from Belgium........Dominiqe.

Previous manager was Antonio.....from Portugal.

Before that was an Australian called Michael.

And before that was another Australian whose name escapes me for now.

And that goes back for more than ten years.

No german manager that I can recall........................unless you mean Frank Delen.......the assistant manager who was there for two or three years..............but has been gone for some time now.

I think he moved on at the same time as Antonio.

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
7. Re: Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

Leightravelclub Thanks so much for the reply. I think it was Dominiqe, he had only just arrived when we go there, we weren't sure where is was from but German/Belgium accents the same to me!! Was expecting him to still me there at the moment.

Great I can jog his memory now!!

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

Hello just wondering if you could help as you seem to know a bit about this resort. You have mentioned that there are new rooms, are these in the form of a block or new bungalows ? My husband and i plus our two children are staying here in August 2010 we have booked the family bungalow through hayes and jarvis, they did not mention the new rooms to us, Are the bungalows clean ie nice bedding and showers, Or would you suggest we try the new rooms.

Thanks kelli

Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
9. Re: Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

The new development is a mixture of bungalows and blocks. They had only just started using them when we were last there in February. There is also an additional pool at this area. The blocks, so far as I can remember are at least two stories high, maybe even three and are built into the hillside so they do not go above the sky line. I believe there will be a bar/snack bar here too. For now, our preference is with the older units, but of course it's still early days. Over the next couple of days I will post a link to some photos and videos of the new development.

With regard to cleanliness, we have always found the rooms to be spotlessly clean. The showers are not fantastic......fairly low water pressure and rather basic, but there is nowhere in the world that I would rather be for a beach holiday......it's simply.....a little piece of paradise !

There are hundreds of photos and videos of the resort from some of our many visits on the link below.

www.leightravelclub.com/phiphiphotos.htm

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Trip Report - 2 nights at Holiday Inn

Thank you for your reply, i think we will wait and see what we get. I will keep an eye out for your photos.