We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

music

Which West End hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
port moody bc
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
music

Hi there, getting excited about our upcoming trip in March. Just wondering about entertainment in the evenings. are there any bars or night spots where they play new country music. stuff like Zac Brown Band, Sugarland, Rascal Flatts, Jason aldean, Lady Antebellum. I enjoy this kind of music, and would like to spend an evening or two at at place where this kind of music is played. I know, its not to everyones taste, and of course will still have a good time no matter what music is played. Actually, What kind of music do the bars on the Island play?........

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: music

After about two weeks of traveling from pub to pub in Ireland, seeking trad music every night, we asked the proprietess of our B&B about where to go in Kilkenny that night to listen to music to hear trad.

She saw the look on one of our foursome's faces and addressed her... "Are you getting tired of all that dooodley-dooodley shxte?" She directed us to give our friend a break and check out a little pub where the Kilkenny Kats would, or would perhaps not, show up depending on how much they played and drank at a friends' daughters' birthday party.

We got to the pub around 7 to make sure we got a good seat near the band... had dinner... band was supposed to be there at 8,.,. they got there somewhere around 10, dripping wet from an Irish storm... brought a bicycle and wet bodhrans in...

and eventually started playing the most delightful version of American rock and Irish traditional and who knows what all... the audience got involved, so at one point a Maori war chant took center stage. A great party and one of the highlights of our trip.

The cool jazz club in Bejing was likewise a hilignt...

Anywho - if I knew there would be an island band doing modern country music while we're in Roatan - I'd check that out!

Level Contributor
173 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: music

Try contacting Konrad at Condorita Dive Shop/Flowers Bay B & B.

He may have a list of venues and bands and has always been quick to respond to my questions.

Although not a 'local' he lives/works there 6 months out of the year and is a musician in a band that 'Rocks the Dock' on cruise ship days and I have seen video of him drumming with Byron James and others. A Goggle of Byron James might net you something as well.

Level Contributor
173 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: music

Sorry, that should be Brion James:)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: music

We plan on seeing Steel Pan Deb at Blue Bahia (Sandy Bay) in a couple weeks. She plays there on Wednesdays I guess. Haven't seen her before, but sounded like something we'd enjoy. I emailed her actually and I got the impression that a lot of it is word of mouth if there is live music. She also mentioned Kris and the Kultura Band at Banarama on Saturdays.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
873 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: music

If you do a google search for TJ Tranquil Seas you'll get a link to a video that TJ put up that shows an evening night out at Tranquil Seas on one of their Tuesday tapas nights where 2CanDo is playing. It'll give you an idea of what you could expect for that one. Save a table for two for me.

16. Re: music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 10:25
Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations