We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van Rental in Guayaquil ???

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Van Rental in Guayaquil ???

I am visiting Guayaquil Ecuador with 5 friends at the end of July and we would like to rent a van. We will be driving to Banos and Quito and returning to Guayaquil over a 7 day period. Does anyone have any recommendations. I looked at Avis and Hertz but they only have cars or SUVs and wont be large enough. I also noticed that most of the rental car agencies do not have unlimited mileage. Thanks.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,541 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Van Rental in Guayaquil ???

My recommendation would be to hire a driver with a van rather than drive yourselves. Even paying for his room and meals it might come out less expensive in the long run and a whole lot more relaxing. A good driver will know interesting out of the way places to visit and be able to solve problems that may arise (like a mudslide blocking the road). There is a list of private drivers on the Ecuador forum under the Top Questions on the right. You can also ask your hotel in Guayaquil if they can arrange something (but do that before your trip).

Level Contributor
173 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Van Rental in Guayaquil ???

You can google "rentadoras de carros en guayaquil" you will find options, i have rent with "car drive rent a car", and its was ok, they have vans, but you will have to return the car in Guayaquil.

3. Re: Van Rental in Guayaquil ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2016, 13:05
Clifton Park
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Van Rental in Guayaquil ???

My friend owns a van but he will drive and take you to all places, you may will have to cover meals and hotel coast to the driver. Is a private driver

Seattle
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Van Rental in Guayaquil ???

I will be headed to Guayaquil next month to visit my sponsored children. We will be taking two families out for the day, for a total of 13 people (including staff from the organization). They have quoted me $220 to rent a van for 8 hours, but I do not know where they intend to secure this vehicle. Like you, I could not find any rental vehicles of that size through regular sources. I'm interested to know if you've gleaned any further information on this topic. Thanks!

Edited: 24 July 2016, 01:31
6. Re: Van Rental in Guayaquil ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2017, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Guayaquil