We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are pets allowed on buses from Guayaquil to Cuenca/Salinas?

Auckland, Auckland...
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Are pets allowed on buses from Guayaquil to Cuenca/Salinas?

Hello, we are arriving in Guayaquil on Saturday and going to Cuenca on Monday and Salinas on Thursday and planning on taking a bus or shared taxi. We are wondering if the buses or shared taxis across cities allow pets on board ( like dogs and cats)? Thanks in advance

Hala

Montanita, Ecuador
Level Contributor
59 posts
1. Re: Are pets allowed on buses from Guayaquil to Cuenca/Salinas?

Hi Hala,

Once upon a time it was much easier to travel with pets throughout Ecuador. Now a days they have specific signs on the buses indicating no pets allowed, but I have heard of the occasional one or two whom have gotten away with it. I think a) it depends on the size and if the pet is in a carrying case or not. Also if it is a service animal you may be able to get away with it as well. I would call and check with the bus company in advance to be sure. Shared taxis may be a bit more flexible, I would ask around in Cuenca if there are any specific drivers who allowed pets. In that case it is really up to the discretion of the driver. Hope the info helps!

- Laura

Auckland, Auckland...
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Are pets allowed on buses from Guayaquil to Cuenca/Salinas?

Thank you very much Laura your reply is of a great help. Much appreciated

3. Re: Are pets allowed on buses from Guayaquil to Cuenca/Salinas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2017, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Guayaquil