We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ways to get from hotel to town?

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
476 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ways to get from hotel to town?

Hi

We are staying at the Laguna Galijot which, as I understand it, is a tad out of town.

Walking – is the coastal path lit, is it easily walkable back after a heavy meal?

Tourist train – does anyone know where we get on this and how frequently it runs? Including the return journey?

Cycling – is hiring bikes the done thing in Porec? Do many people? If so, where would we hire bikes?

Thank you and sorry for all the questions!!

Mentioned in this post
Porec
Porec
Istria, Croatia
U.K
Level Contributor
154 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ways to get from hotel to town?

Not sure where your location is in relation to perentuim laguna,I can say there are various ways to get about,we are there now,this is based on paren't I'm as it is near to jetty.

perentuim to porec return is 40kuna each on the ferry return runs every hour on the hour,return from pores is every hour on the half hour ,last ferry return is 22.30hrs.

Water taxi we were told is 20kuna each way but check with them first, and Taxi by road was 60kuna one way.

Noddy train 20kuna one way each.

bikes are very popular here and there are various places offering them,mountain or electric,not very hilly.

hope this helps

U.K
Level Contributor
154 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ways to get from hotel to town?

Bikes are, 20kn ab hr 40kn for 3hrs,or 80kn a day.

electric bikes80kn for 3hrs, 180kn a day or 110 a day for 6 days

Company is Vetura rent a car (they do bikes too).

vetura-rentacar.com/index.php/en/bicikle-2

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ways to get from hotel to town?

Parentium is on the other side of the same cove, but much farther from Poreč (at least for walking).

Hayley, depending on your fitness level, you can have a great walk to Poreč and back. And as luck would have it, I have biked the entire coast (from Pula to Umag), mostly following the coastline as much as possible. And I film my rides and publish the movies. The point is that you can actually see the entire path/way to Poreč in real time in one of my movies and I will set the link to open right at the Galijot hotel: https://www.youtube.com/watch… Then you can follow me all the way to Poreč (and beyond, basically to Umag).

Of course, you wouldn't need nor want to follow the coastline so your trip could be shorter. Still, at 1:03:30 you will see a place renting bicycles (there are probably more) if you prefer it that way. And the coast is so beautiful that you might want to follow my exact route even though it's longer. And as you'll see, it took me just about 17 minutes from Galijot to Poreč. Even though that was my first visit to the area, I didn't know exactly where to go, I was taking my time (had a VERY long journey ahead of me) and it was the highest season imaginable (July) so I was being very careful and mindful of people and kids around.

The only problem with bicycles is that you can't just leave them once you reach Poreč and it takes a lot of patience to push them around the main busy streets. However, most restaurants focus on the outside so you should be able to easily sit and eat with your bikes right there. Then go back. Of course, if it's a dinner, you might not be able to return the bikes upon returning to the Galijot area but perhaps that can be arranged with the rental guys. Pay as if you kept them until the next day but be able to return them in the evening simply to avoid the logistical nightmare of keeping them. No idea if Poreč also has public bicycles and whether there would be a stand near Galijot, sorry. At lest there are paved paths (I didn't necessarily use them) and they are mostly lit. And with camping sites there as well, I'm sure it's absolutely safe.

Mentioned in this post
Pula
Pula
Istria, Croatia
Umag
Umag
Istria, Croatia
Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ways to get from hotel to town?

Btw, even if you do rent a car you should think twice before driving to Poreč as it doesn't hold any titles when it comes to finding parking places, especially in high season (July and August). There are several parkings and parking places but there are also many people. But you can always use a taxi.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ways to get from hotel to town?

It's only a 25 minute stroll into Porec from the Galijot, paths well lit and safe.

Mentioned in this post
Porec
Porec
Istria, Croatia
6. Re: Ways to get from hotel to town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Porec
Recent Conversations