We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gentle walks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Gentle walks

Any recommendations for walks without big inclines?

England
Level Contributor
76 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Gentle walks

Take the path through the car park opposite Riva Mall and walk along the coastal path, very shaded by trees. There are plenty of cafe's and places to stop and sit. The Noddy train starts at the beginning of the path and stops at Brulo (think that's the name) and another place further along so maybe take the train and check the route is OK before you walk it. You can always walk back if you want. I found Porec quite flat and a walk along the front and around the outskirts of the old town is doable for most.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Gentle walks

Thanks

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
3. Re: Gentle walks

All coastal walks will be very easy as the coast it almost flat. And you can easily go both ways (north and south) as both have lots of trees and shade. The south (towards Vrsar) might be nicer for a walk due to paved paths but I would recommend both. And you can see them in real time in my movies, to decide yourself. I went from Vrsar to Poreč and you might start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch… You can see the coastal area and even that Noddy train. So easy and so nice. And you can follow it straight into the town and then around it in the next movie (#154). I actually start leaving the town towards Umag (North) at 17:40: https://www.youtube.com/watch… Then, there's a seemingly very popular forested area at 24:15 in the same movie (at Valamar Zagreb hotel). There are some paved paths as well, but also dirt roads and paths. And you can go as far as you want.

Btw, even going straight into the countryside, towards Baderna, is not much of a climb and there are some nice villages along the way and nice (dirt) paths. Will publish that movie in 10-15 days (going the opposite way, from Baderna to Poreč).

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
4. Re: Gentle walks

We literally returned from Porec this afternoon. Walks either way, to the left through the wooded area or to the right are beautifully flat with loads of Seats and bars/cafe's to rest and refresh. Noddy trains run in both directions too. The one to the left goes for miles, we went on it just for a look and perhaps a walk back but it was too far even for us, we caught the same train back two stops then walked back into town.

5. Re: Gentle walks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Porec
Recent Conversations