We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prepaid tickets ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
prepaid tickets ?

I've seen tickets available for purchase in advance. The price looks to be the same and I was wondering if it was worth it to avoid potential line ups ? Our time is tight. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: prepaid tickets ?

Where did you see that? Be careful so you don't scammed. Plitvice National Park still doesn't have an option to purchase tickets online, but they supposed to be available by the next year. So, if you don't see it on their official website, don't buy it.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,801 posts
170 reviews
2. Re: prepaid tickets ?

When exactly are you going? There might not be any lines at all. Also, it is better to buy it on arrival. Things can and do go wrong and if you buy the ticket in advance, you might be wasting your money.

Edited: 09 October 2018, 07:52
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
27 posts
109 reviews
3. Re: prepaid tickets ?

Just been to Plitvice lakes - go to Entrance 1 early in the morning (around 8am) to avoid the bus tours/crowds and buy your tickets there at the booth. There is also plenty of parking. A local recommended Route C and we found this very good and not too strenuous but saw everything. Catch the little tram back.

Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
246 posts
160 reviews
4. Re: prepaid tickets ?

I second this post. We were there fairly early at entrance 1 and the wait was less than 2 minutes. Also avoid the bus tours as much as possible. They really make the experience a little less nice.. I wish the park would banish selfie sticks. Not only annoying but the walkway is not built for walking around people with a six foot wing span. I can’t recommend the park more.! If you have the time take route C. But then follow the path to sta 3 to see all the lakes. It’s was worth the extra mileage!

Reply to: prepaid tickets ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Plitvice Lakes...