We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Hvar

3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Hvar

I have a trip planned with 2 friends to Split from June 27th - July 9th and are planning on staying in Hvar from July 2nd - July 5th. Any insight on resorts to stay at? Are there pool parties at the resort or if you want to party during the day do you go to Carpe Diem Bar, etc.

Any suggestions on hotels would be great.

Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Carpe Diem Bar
Carpe Diem Bar
185 Reviews
Hvar Island, Croatia
Villa Nora Hvar
Villa Nora Hvar
#1 of 16 hotels in Hvar
Hotel Park Hvar
Hotel Park Hvar
#2 of 16 hotels in Hvar
Adriana, hvar spa hotel
Adriana, hvar spa hotel
#3 of 16 hotels in Hvar
5 replies to this topic
S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Hvar

An apartment would be your least expensive option. There is Amfora Grand Beach Resort but its really pricey. Look for something in Old Town or even close to Amfora as the Hula Hula Beach bar is located there and its only a short walk along the waterfront into Town.

Mentioned in this post
Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort
Amfora Hvar Grand Beach...
2,172 Reviews
Hvar Island, Croatia
Hula hula beach bar
Hula hula beach bar
1,012 Reviews
Hvar Island, Croatia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Hvar

Thanks!

Is it worth paying extra to be at the resort? We are looking for something lively the first week of July and want to be at the right place.

We dont want to pay extra to be at the resort whenever the lively action is actually at Carpe Diem Bar or somewhere else?

Mentioned in this post
Carpe Diem Bar
Carpe Diem Bar
185 Reviews
Hvar Island, Croatia
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Hvar

Have to say, if I was young again I'd be doing a Sail Croatia or The Yacht Week cruise!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Hvar

If you stay anywhere in Hvar Town you are close enough to the action going on and taxi boats to Carpe Diem beach. Most people rent apartments or stay in hostels rather than stay in the few very overpriced hotels but to be honest you need to get a move on. I was lucky to get a fairly reasonably priced apartment for that time but there is a huge demand as a look at Internet booking sites will tell you. Hvar is a sellers market.

Edited: 03 November 2017, 19:43
Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Hvar

Other towns (Jelsa, Stari Grad, Sucuraj) are certainly less suited for the youth, those looking for parties

Reply to: Where to stay in Hvar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted