We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hvar

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hvar

Hi we are a party of 10 and are looking to go to have next July...we are looking for info on what resort to stay in...looking for a fairly quite place with some nice restaurants and bars...also any info on hotels or apartments....thanks in advance

3 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hvar

Hvar Town is one of the two most expensive places in Croatia (the other being Dubrovnik), so be prepared for high prices there especially so because it's peak season. It's a port of call for lots of party boats and it's also a well-renowned party town, but I'm sure you could find apartments or a villa that isn't so close to that action. Other places on Hvar that are less-expensive are Jelsa and Stari Grad. Try booking.com or AirBnb for apartments or villas.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hvar

I stayed at Hotel Podstine in Hvar. It was more affordable than some of the other resorts on the island, but is more reserved from the town. It has a lovely beach sitting area, but it's about a 15 minute walk to most of the restaurants in Hvar Town. It is closer to Hula Hula and some of the bars on the water.

I posted about the hotel and my itinerary on my blog if you're interested:

https:/…

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,847 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hvar

If you're all adults rather than a family group then a hotel may suit you and most likely Hvar Town is the right place. Hotel Podstine is quite a walk out of town so I'd go for one of the other options available.

Reply to: Hvar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted