I am going to be a solo female traveler in San Pedro de Atacama. The most important thing to me on this trip is ensuring my safety as much as possible. I have a few questions in regards to that and would love advice
1. Do you have a suggestion for a safe hostel? (Ideally I would like to stay in a hostel so I can socialize and meet fellow travelers) ...
I read about some robberies inside of "backpackers San Pedro" hostel which I had initially considered. They state there is security but apparently that's not true and several backpackers have been robbed.
2. If not a hostel, do you have suggestions for a safe hotel?
3. Safety tips on getting from the airport to the actual town?
4. Any great tour group suggestions?
3. General safety comments other than staying on my toes and being cautious?