We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safest taxi apps for Rio and Foz do Iguaçu

Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Safest taxi apps for Rio and Foz do Iguaçu

Hi!

I will be travelling to Rio and Foz next month and I'm looking for affordable ways to get from the airport to my hotel. I've been reading that Uber and 99taxi are frequently used so I was just wondering if they are safe.

7 replies to this topic
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
513 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safest taxi apps for Rio and Foz do Iguaçu

Yes.

Cheers!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
22,844 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safest taxi apps for Rio and Foz do Iguaçu

Yes, both are very safe. However, the road from the airport can be sketchy from time to time, so it's a good idea to make sure all of the vehicle doors are locked before you depart from the airport.

Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safest taxi apps for Rio and Foz do Iguaçu

Thanks for the info :)

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
5,700 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safest taxi apps for Rio and Foz do Iguaçu

there are 4 major apps in Brazil:

Uber; Cabify; 99Taxis; EasyTaxi. and all have interface in English and can be downloaded from Apple or Android stores for free.

all are equivalent in terms of safety. in fact many drivers work with more than one app...

I always choose the one that gives me the best price/waiting time combination...

[I dont think Uber and Cabify are present in Foz do Iguaçu; but 99 and EasyTaxi are]

[some of them allow you to specifically request a female driver (if you are a female too...); but that may lead to longer waiting times as there are far more male drivers]

Petropolis, RJ
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safest taxi apps for Rio and Foz do Iguaçu

99 is my favorite.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
22,844 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safest taxi apps for Rio and Foz do Iguaçu

DiDi Chuxing, the Chinese ride-sharing giant which provides transport services similar to Uber, today announced its decision to acquire Brazil's major equivalent application 99, with the aim of accelerating market growth in Latin America.

The acquisition, the value of which was not reported, is part of the agreement both companies reached a year ago, when DiDi invested about $100 million in the Brazilian company in exchange for holding a position on its Board of Directors and offering support and strategic advice in some business areas.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,711 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Safest taxi apps for Rio and Foz do Iguaçu

welcome,

there is a bus from Foz airport into town.

good luck.

Reply to: Safest taxi apps for Rio and Foz do Iguaçu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted