We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water taxi to ilha grande

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Water taxi to ilha grande

I am likely to miss the last scheduled ferry to ilha grande when I arrive on a Saturday. Will I be able to get a private boat/water taxi from one of the three ports on the mainland? Do boats travel after dark? And how much will it cost to get a private boat/water taxi?

Thanks

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
21,686 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water taxi to ilha grande

See link:

followjohnpaul.com/brazil-ilha-grande-travel…

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water taxi to ilha grande

Thank you for your message.

Please can you clarify - your website suggests we will not be able to get any kind of private water taxi from Mangaratiba or Angra Dos Reis, and the water taxis from Concepcao de Jacarei stop running at 5pm. Is this correct?

If I arrive at any of the above 3 ports after 6pm am I going to be able to get a private boat or water taxi to Ilha Grande?

Thanks

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
21,686 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water taxi to ilha grande

Yes, it looks that way. I'd suggest you overnight in Rio and travel to Ilha Grande the following morning.

Have a look at the Hotel Ibis Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, which is new and gets very good reviews. It’s one of the best hotel bargains in the city.

http://bit.ly/XSG55I

4. Re: Water taxi to ilha grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2016, 05:16