We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

strange question--mosquitos?

springfield
Level Contributor
172 posts
401 reviews
Save Topic
strange question--mosquitos?

Just how bad are the mosquitos in ilha grande? Are they worse than in other places in Brazil? I know that's a strange question but my daughter is attacked by mosquitoes while i do quite well. Is it a scenario that they actually buzz around you and you swat them away constantly--or not quite like that? We are thinking about being there in December but could go other places too.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
24,758 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: strange question--mosquitos?

Mosquitos are everywhere in Brazil, including Ilha Grande, but a good insect repellent is all you need to keep them away. I would not cross of Ilha Grande because of them.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Ilha Grande
Ilha Grande
Angra Dos Reis, RJ
2. Re: strange question--mosquitos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2016, 06:17