We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dealing with mosquito while sleeping in Pantanal

New York
Level Contributor
189 posts
52 reviews
Dealing with mosquito while sleeping in Pantanal

Is there any effective device we can use?

I have OFF but they are not intended for indoor use. And they are not that effective in my experience.

On Amazon, there is Thermacell which uses chemical. I'm not against chemical but it uses Butane cans. For a long trips, I'd have to take a lot of cans.

The other type is the electric zapper. One popular one is Gloue. They are small and the reviews are very good. But I'm not sure if they are effective in the swamp.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,583 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Dealing with mosquito while sleeping in Pantanal

You shouldn't have a problem with mosquitoes while sleeping. Cabins in the Pantanal are usually sprayed daily during housekeeping, so as long as you keep your door and windows closed you should be all right.

New York
Level Contributor
189 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Dealing with mosquito while sleeping in Pantanal

I'm going in March. I was told that most of cabins will be closed and I will be staying at places where they host the fisherman. Is that going to be good as well?

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,583 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Dealing with mosquito while sleeping in Pantanal

I'm not familiar with places for fishermen, although I imagine these, too, will be sprayed for mosquitoes.

You may want to check with your host.

Reply to: Dealing with mosquito while sleeping in Pantanal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about State of Mato Grosso