We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

Hello All,

We are planning a 3 day/2 night Amazon rainforest tour from the 4th to the 6th of April 2018. We will also have our baby daughter with us, who will be 20 months old by then. The tour we like is a jungle tour and includes hikes into the jungle, canonizing to to spot birds and monkeys, alligator spotting etc. We will have a private room with AC/shower/toilet.

We will make sure our daughter gets all the vaccinations needed before we go. But please can you all let me know that its safe to do this tour with a 20 month old infant?

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Priyank

11 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,583 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

The jungle paths can be a little rough for walking, so you may have to carry your daughter part or most of the way.

Frankly, I think she's much too young for this type of adventure.

Munich
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

Do your daughter have all necessary vaccinations?

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
542 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

@ReiseBeate OP specifically states that "we will make sure our daughter gets all the vaccinations needed before we go".

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

Hello, yes, we will make sure she has all the necessary vaccinations before we travel.

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

Thank you. I plan to have the baby carrier so that I can attach her with myself on the hikes and canoeing expeditions. Any other insights will be helpful..

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,583 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

The jungle is heavily bug-infested, which means everyone has to cover up in order not to be bitten, especially by mosquitoes. Make sure your daughter is protected from bites and take care that she doesn't become over-heated.

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

Thank you for your response! Appreciate it. Any other inputs from experts/people in similar situation will also be much appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
93 reviews
8. Re: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

Having spent 6 days in the Amazon on something similar I can't help but remember the rather hairy situations we experienced at times. The Amazon is a dangerous place, fun and exciting but very dangerous. We inadvertently stepped over an extremely venomous snake on the path, experienced torrential downpours whilst on a canoe with lightning everywhere, came up and close with biting ants and tarantulas. It was very exciting but I'm sorry, I don't think it's the place for a baby.

9. Re: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2018, 10:20
Edited: 07 January 2018, 10:20

10. Re: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2018, 10:20

Reply to: Amazon Rainforest Tour with Baby
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manaus