We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good winery suggestions

Phoenix, Arizona...
Level Contributor
104 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Good winery suggestions

Hi all, can you recommend some wineries within 60-90 minutes from Alexandria? Looking for quality wines and good ambience, nice views.

Thanks and cheers!!

12 replies to this topic
Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
606 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good winery suggestions

Adrienne:

I didn't respond to this query when asked back in May. This weekend I had the good fortune to meet up in the Wine region of Loudon County. Approximately 65 miles via interstate 270 towards Purcelville, VA along Harpers Ferry Road. All I can say is WOW!!! I swear there was a Winery every couple of miles.

I had the pleasure of experiencing 868 Winery in an outdoor tasting room with my puppy and can say it was a delightful experience with families and pups alike. I'm not a wine drinker (reminder to self to search out brew pubs tasting visits for another day!), so I can't speak to the wine, but my friends loved it. The views, the winding country road to and fro and the chill atmosphere was a world away from DC.

This area is now on my agenda to visit again soon! We took the interstate (equal distance and time - depending on the timing of your journey from Alexandria (1 hour 20 minutes on a Sunday morning and evening). The cruise home via Rt 9 and Leesburg takes you through some of the most picturesque towns/villages and mountain vistas this country has to offer!

If I go again, I'd be certain to find one of the trips that allows limosine tours or bus tours, there are that many on the journey, so as to be able to fully experience the wine and refrain from any DUIs. Better yet, get a room at some of the lovely B&Bs that dot the area. I found some great insights from the visit loudoun site link below!

I hope you find this helpful!

Ciao

https:/…

Phoenix, Arizona...
Level Contributor
104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Good winery suggestions

Thank you Karen B. This is extremely helpful! Can’t wait to see the beautiful green countryside and taste some great wines Can’t wait to see the beautiful green countryside and taste some great wines

Reply to: Good winery suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted