We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

F1 2018 Shuttle bus

Bournemouth, United...
2 posts
F1 2018 Shuttle bus

We are traveling from the UK and staying in Downtown Austin for the F1 weekend. I have read that we can take a Shuttle bus out to COTA from the Convention Centre. Does anyone know where I can book shuttle tickets? Can’t find any info online or on COTA website.

37 replies to this topic
Boston...
1 post
31. Re: F1 2018 Shuttle bus

Does anyone know if kids need a shuttle ticket as well? Read something on the Austin Metro site that kids ride free but no info on the shuttle booking site. Just want to make sure before I purchase.

thank you

1 post
32. Re: F1 2018 Shuttle bus

Is there parking by the convention center in Downtown Austin? I bought the 3-day shuttle pass but it doesn't mention any parking information for our cars

austin,tx
Level Contributor
775 posts
21 reviews
33. Re: F1 2018 Shuttle bus

If so it'll cost a lot. Uber or taxi from where you're staying to the convention center.

1 post
34. Re: F1 2018 Shuttle bus

Hi! My name is Oscar Matsufuji and I am arriving to Austin on Friday night from Las Vegas. I am staying at Woodsprings suites. It looks like a 1 star hotel but that is all I could find for a reasonable price.

Do you know what time I should arrive to the circuit on Saturday morning? I do not want to fight traffic and also I am not familiar with the area. I am also flying solo to my first F1 race. I am very excited. Take care!

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
35. Re: F1 2018 Shuttle bus

I hope u all had good weekends...it was a fantastic race 😁

Just thought i would give my opinion of the shuttle bus this year given I've now gone two years in a row.

I thought the location of the buses was good altho due to the rain it was very muddy! However the organisation was worse than last year. I experienced more queues this time around with poor communication.

On Friday I have all my tickets to the operator to get my 3 days worth of blue tickets but on arriving sat and Sunday was not sure if I had to queue (Sunday's was huge!!) So I asked a guy and luckily I didn't but felt that if i hadn't have enquired I would have spent ages in the queue. I think a better organised line and notices would have been better.

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
36. Re: F1 2018 Shuttle bus

yes we had the same problem - friday and saturday was a breeze because no one was in line - BUT sunday was a DISASTER - we had pre paid our shuttle tickets - and for 30 mins waited in line (EVEN though we asked about the line for pre-paid) until FINALLY a woman started announcing that anyone with pre-purchased tickets can bypass the INCREDIBLY long line (id say at least 1-2 hours long). also - i really feel that the shuttle buses should have thier own dedicated way in to COTA. luckily we went very early - but im SURE that people were stuck in those long car lines when the race was starting. over all - the whole set up needs better planning

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
59 reviews
37. Re: F1 2018 Shuttle bus

Some great points are being made regarding COTA, shuttles, communications, web site, etc.

I strongly encourage you to address your concerns to COTA, either on their web site on by snail mail. I assure you the "powers that be" want you to return and spend your money. Your suggestions are good and COTA will never see them here on Trip Advisor.

Hope all had a good visit and will return to Austin, soon!

Reply to: F1 2018 Shuttle bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted