We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Franklin's BBQ?

United States
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
349 reviews
Franklin's BBQ?

Question for all you local experts out there. What time in the morning do you think we need to get to Franklin's in the morning to GUARANTEE we get to eat? I come to Texas twice a year but have never thought about standing in line several hours for BBQ when I know how good it is in Lockhart & Luling already. However, I have to admit I've been itching to see what all the hype is about so I'm going to give it a shot.

October....I know you're out there with the answer :)

Edited: 18 January 2018, 17:11
4 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
349 reviews
1. Re: Franklin's BBQ?

Darn auto-correct....I meant OCTOBOY!! I know he's had to have waited in that line more than once so has to have some input.

By the way, we'll be going on a Friday in late March which I presume is worse than a Tuesday....

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Franklin's BBQ?

9 am.

Marshall, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
96 reviews
3. Re: Franklin's BBQ?

I too have been tempted to try Franklin's... but I have been contemplating pre-ordering that way I can avoid the line... There is a minimum, but I dont do lines well... so its a thought I have been having.

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Franklin's BBQ?

Word to the wise, you won't find locals standing in the line. There's good barbecue all around town and in places like Lockhart.

To each his own!

Welcome to Austin!

Reply to: Franklin's BBQ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted