We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodrum

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Topic
Bodrum

Hi there

We are staying in Kos for a week from the 10/9 then I am thinking of visiting Turkey for a week, Wondering if there is any untouristy villages nearby within about a hours bus ride from Bodrum port.

Thanks Dawn

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,641 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodrum

Gumusuluk is about 35 minutes from Bodrum and is a lovely non-touristy resort with a nice little beach and some good fish restaurants. You could also look at Ortakent, that is lovely too and the beach is gorgeous. It will probably be cheaper to eat out in Ortakent than Gumusluk.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodrum

HI there

Thanks for the speedy info I will check the place out you have mentioned.

Are there any nice walks that can be taken from these places, Also any idea on the cost of ferry prices.

Cheers Dawn

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodrum

Hi,

Gundogan is less than an hour by Dolmus / car from Bodrum and is a totally unspoilt Turkish Village with some nice fish restaurants and a nice long beach. There are lots of water sports etc that you can do here as well.

There are some lovely hotels and also plenty of Villas to rent. You will get lots of details on TripAdvisor

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bodrum

I'd thoroughly recommend Gumusluk - I lived there for a while!!! In the village though not down by the sea. There are cheaper places other than the fish restaurants to eat. If you do decide to eat in the fish restaurants the price is based on weight so check the price first.

Now the ferry from Bodrum to Kos is around 23 euro for a day return - they don't do singles!! Sorry don't know the cost the other way. You could get the ferry to Turgutreis from Kos thus making a shorter journey at the Turkish end!

Lots of nice walking around Gumusluk as well. I did lots with the dogs!!!

Take a look at Club Gumusluk - right on the beach and incredibly helpful owners (if they are still the same!!)

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bodrum

hi would just like to say the sameas above we have been to gumusluk,--ortakent ,---gundogon,--- and torba ,--is another small village in this area and they are all lovely... we have also been to turkbuku which is again very nice but atracts alot of the upmarket turks all of them are no more than 45mins away from bodrum torba being the nearest any one of these would be a good choice.....wendy

6. Re: Bodrum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
More Bodrum City Topics