We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CATHAY PACIFIC are their flight delays common in manila?

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
CATHAY PACIFIC are their flight delays common in manila?

I am curious as we are flying from Manila NAIA Terminal 3 to HK and i would like to inquire if anybody can help give their thoughts. Is delay flight usual with this airline esp from Manila to Hong Kong? or the flight is on time with minimal delays? if you have recent exp. how much time of delay before the plane takes off from the time written in actual ticket? thanks and hoping to catch travelers to give ideas.

7 replies to this topic
philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,598 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CATHAY PACIFIC are their flight delays common in manila?

go to flightaware.com or flightradar24.com. Search for the particular flight number you are interested in as there are multiple flights. This will give you past 7 days if not registered, (30 days record if you enroll/register) with flightaware, 7 days for flightradar24.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: CATHAY PACIFIC are their flight delays common in manila?

Thank you so much for this response. I am checking this links - so informative.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,961 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CATHAY PACIFIC are their flight delays common in manila?

I do have access to the flighteradar24.com site for 3 months worth of flights, costs $5 a month but am going back to the free service but it has been useful answering questions like yours and in helping with planning, for example I am flying on Air China from London to Manila happy in the knowledge that the flight has been 3 hours or more late about ten times in a one month period but happy in the knowledge I will only have to spend 3 hours instead of six hours in a short time hotel before crossing the road and getting the bus to Batangas then home ! and saving 300 pesos. - plus paying £300 (20,000) for a return ticket from London compared to £450-500 on other airlines.

I did a search for CX905 and this does not make good reading having landed around an hour late seven times in the last month however this was the last flight of the day however CX907 landing in the morning was only late once.

Cathay Pacific also have statistics for their flights on their website for all their flights for the last week. "flight status"

What is more important for international travellers is your flight or in my case ferry back to Manila and the weather which is why staying in Manila the night before is advised.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,335 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CATHAY PACIFIC are their flight delays common in manila?

I hope your flight depart and land on-time but you can minimize the financial impact of flight delays, cancellations, lost luggage etc. by having a travel insurance. It's cheap anyway.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,361 posts
1,914 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CATHAY PACIFIC are their flight delays common in manila?

Due to Manilas notorious air traffic congestion issue it may be something the airline has no control over. In other words it won't matter which airline you choose.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CATHAY PACIFIC are their flight delays common in manila?

I flew with them twice last year and both were on time, but maybe i was lucky.

And twice in 2015, both on time

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
278 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CATHAY PACIFIC are their flight delays common in manila?

rule of thumb for flights coming in and out of NAIA.

early morning flights would usually be on time..

the ones during midday to late afternoon are the busy times for the airport runway, hence delays are highly possible.

we have 4 terminals, sharing the same runway. lols

Reply to: CATHAY PACIFIC are their flight delays common in manila?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted