We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what side at club faru?

Which Male hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
what side at club faru?

hi,

we go to club faru on the 24th i am going to e-mail them to request a nice room :-) any suggestion's please

thanks

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what side at club faru?

we prefer the east and upstairs - this looks out towards the sea and edge of atoll, but you can to your right catch sight of the overflow island which would be to your right, also some are close to the beach bar. The West looks out towards the main sea channel between the islands and Male.

If you have google , you can find faru by finding the airport and its two island to the north east.

Sg

London, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what side at club faru?

We had room 131 which i had requested and got after emailing the resort, it was recommended to me by pervious guests, i was more than happy with the room, its a ground floor as we didnt want the hasle of walking up stairs and lugging stuff up and down, its lovley to open your door and walk straight out onto the sand and into the sea, if you message me i can email you photos which show the view and postion if that helps you ?

Helen

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what side at club faru?

Hi,

We emailed and asked for downstairs west side & had room 17. We liked west as the beach was wider & felt it was more private, as sun beds more spaced out. Most British are on the east side & other nationalities on the west. My review shows photos of view from room. Either way its all paradise!

Sylvia

wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what side at club faru?

now my head is puddled LOL

London, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what side at club faru?

Everywhere was lovely, i dont think you will be disappointed, only down side to some apartment blocks is the lack of view from your room, i wanted to wake up and be able to see the ocean which i why i requested the room we had, i wouldnt worry too much about where you are, although i was happy to et the room i did, once walking around the island there wasnt many rooms id of been unhappy with to be honest, they all have pro's and con's and everyone likes/wants diff things.

Helen

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what side at club faru?

Hi hellmark, nice to see you enjoyed the room you requested. When I suggested those room numbers to you. I was a little hesitant, as exactly as you have said …some people like and expects different things.

London, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what side at club faru?

It was perfect Steve, thank you so much for helping us decide which room was the best !

You was right, that bit does have the best bit of beach !

I loved the fact you could see the sea without bushes/trees infront of the sea, yes you can see the over spill island, but you didnt have to look at it, and you was near the pipe to see all the fishes.

Helen

Southampton
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: what side at club faru?

Hi Hellmark/Steve

I have just booked Club Faru for our holiday this year and now inevitably start to read all posts with great interest and for every bit of info I can glean.

Your posts on rooms are very helpful and Room 131 sounds great - can I ask though which side it is on.

Thanks

Earls4

London, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what side at club faru?

East side, which is ment to be the hottest, the west side is called the windy side, but when we was there our side East side room 131 was windy and hot, prob windier than the west side ! but not a nasty wind, i just wasnt expecting it to be windy as we was on the hot side. most of the english guests are put on the east side we was told by Zita the rep anyway, so if you want the west side its best to email and ask , alot of people id spoken to had emailled before hand and either got the room or the block they had requested, reception staff speak and write very good english.

Helen

10. Re: what side at club faru?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2010, 06:16