We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hulhumale Ocean sounds holiday home

France
Level Contributor
455 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
hulhumale Ocean sounds holiday home

I've just come across this 3 bed holiday home on the east side of the airport man made isalnd.

Sounds an amzing value option for our family But But.

We've only ever done 4/5 star isalnds so are very nervous.

Is there any good quality restaurants/food shops ?

can anyone help ?

Please...we'd love to try it.

Thanks

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hulhumale Ocean sounds holiday home

I'd rather save up some more money and go somewhere else. IMO you'd be mad.

France
Level Contributor
455 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hulhumale Ocean sounds holiday home

Thanks Nakatcha....

Sort of how we feel but it comes with three boats a banana inflatable and we could head off to resorts , snorkel, dive sites as we wished.

Satalite Tv, broadband, telescope etc., satelite weather/navigation system... with it's own local sandbank !

Errm...still wondering !!??

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hulhumale Ocean sounds holiday home

.... not to mention jumbo jets and seaplanes - if you like a drink you're out of luck as it's a local island there will be no alcohol, and any cafes/restaurants/shops will be for the locals so you may not get what you want/like.

You can't just visit resorts when you feel like a sit on the beach or a drink in the bar. The whole feeling of security in the Maldives comes from knowing that people are all staying at your hotel and require transport to be arranged to get off the island. That's why it's always been ok to leave stuff on the beach or not worry when your roomboy leaves the doors wide open when he's finished and you're out at dinner! If strangers were allowed to just turn up whenever they felt like it the feeling of safety would be gone so I for one am pleased they only allow visitors by arrangement.

Flying over it, it looks like a dustbowl and with the seaplane traffic I'd be driven mad by the noise. Especially if you're used to 4/5*, I think it would be a bad move. Even for a first timer I would say skip a year if you can't afford it, rather than resort to this non-resort!

Your money, your holiday time, your choice though!

France
Level Contributor
455 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hulhumale Ocean sounds holiday home

You're right I know...such a shame....

Thanks truly for your replies...

Out of my mind.

We'll just have to save and pay !!??

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hulhumale Ocean sounds holiday home

I've just had a look at it on: www.holidaylettings.co.uk/photodisplay.aspx…

and it does look ok, but I wouldn't do it. Last year we stayed at Club Faru and throughly enjoyed our stay as it was our first time and travelling with a 15mth old toddler we wanted somewhere close to Male. But it still didn't feel like the 'real' maldives as it was so close to the industrial island - it kinda spoilt it slightly - and would therefore stay further away from male.

I'd wait to see if anyone else has stayed there first - and see what they have to say - as it looks a bit lonely there !

If it was dirt cheap then I'd consider it - but what would you do for food etc?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hulhumale Ocean sounds holiday home

Me again, I've just has a look at the prices and its roughly 900 - 1000 GBP for week.

I've looked into flight based on my needs: 2 adults 2 children the cheapest fares were with Sri Lankan airlines at 2100 GBP add 1 week stay = 3000 GBP.

I've had a quote from First Choice and they have Fihalohi for 4300 GBP for 2 wks Full Board incl flights.

Id rather do a package.

On a real island.

France
Level Contributor
455 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hulhumale Ocean sounds holiday home

Hi deedee

We sent an enquiry for easter fortnight 2010 via Holiday Rentals and the price was 1500$ which would be just be 909GBP for two weeks , then the flights at 2200, so 3100 for the easter 2 weeks, family of 4.

With real value if all four of our children came with us, at 4200 for 6 of us.

No decent restaurants and bars in the evening could be the main dampener though for us, even finding good food shopping may be dificult.

Thanks for the replies.

8. Re: hulhumale Ocean sounds holiday home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 06:17