We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fraser residence

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Fraser residence

Just about decided on this place. Are there any fishooks apart from a never cleaned gym :-) ? It gives us more room to avoid each other if push comes to shove, and we are sort of used to that at home :-).

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fraser residence

How much and for how many nights? Just curious...

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fraser residence

7 nights - 2 1 bedroom apts 202000 yen I think.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fraser residence

So, 14 nights (aggregate) for Y202000? That's pretty reasonable for an apartment like this.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fraser residence

Yes - but I'm more interested in things like location, (seems good) - standard of English given that our Japanese is non - existant - food options etc. Anything that I might have missed just looking at reviews. The I have to weigh them against space and price :-).

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
22,875 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fraser residence

Wouldn't getting a 2 bed room apt less expensive? If not, get one 1 bed room and one studio. Your son doesn't need a one bed room apt??

The location is great and food options are endless in Namba. Looks like this place comes with free breakfast, no? A free gym is a rare commodity in a Japanese hotel, I wouldn't complain if I don't have to pay extra. The Swissotel across the street charges 2,000 yen/ 5 hours and that's considered reasonable.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fraser residence

A S-san said, the location is great. There is no doubt that within a day or two of walking around the area you should be very familiar with what's available and what's not. It does require a bit of quick exploration in that area because things tend to be clustered, especially if you're looking for good, cheap eats, and English language newspaper, convenience stores and other niceties. I would recommend investing a little time in strolls in all directions because you will most probably find really nice places to eat that you wouldn't otherwise discover. Study the google maps and streetviews, too.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fraser residence

Thanks, was considering Swissotel but rooms are small, and funnily enough the two bedroom option was more expensive. Will look at streetview thanks - hadn't dreamt of doing that yet it seems obvious now. FREE gym- wow I hadn't noticed that either - that is unusual. Thanks I think we'll confirm. Just quickly though - couldn't have done this without you all, it's been hell :-). Looking at hotels is fun for about 1/2 an hour. But it's closer now.

(Just in case I have a senior moment and forget to thank you.)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
64 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fraser residence

Yes, I was considering this apartment too for my travel in May 2012. Need 4 units of 1-bedroom or studio for 8 adults & 3 kids for 5 nights. Just wondering where else can I get cheaper rate for this apt. The option of 8,000 yen/night for studio based on 60 days early booking is no longer available in their website.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,751 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fraser residence

Swissotel has small to larger rooms. However, I would go with Fraser as it's quite a new property and cheaper than Swissotel for an extended stay, plus you get more room.

It's virtually located at the same spot as Swissotel. They are right across the street from each other. You simply cannot lose with this location.

Regarding further discounted rates at Fraser, I have seen promotions at http://www.travelzoo.co.jp (a Japanese website) and that's about it. Note that the promotions on the site change constantly.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fraser residence

It's done! We're on the way. Won't bother you all with 'xxx sleeps till .... though :-) Thanks. There'll be more specific questions later no doubt.