We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kansai to center city osaka

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
washington dc
1 post
Save Topic
Kansai to center city osaka

I arranged to do my own air to Osaka from Washington DC. I am scheduled to meet up with a group tour that evening (Nov 6th, 2009). Because I did not buy transfers, I am told by the

tour company that getting from Kansai to wherever the hotel is will cost me $200.00! I have been saving for this trip for year, and that fee is preposterous. Does anyone know of a bus,,a friend, a Japanese relative, etc.,which (who) will provide my transport from the airport to center city? I will appreciate all suggestions. Thanks.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,517 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kansai to center city osaka

Several options - http://www.kansaiairport.or.jp/en/access/

The train is usually the best.

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
346 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kansai to center city osaka

Which hotel are you staying at? Anywhere in Osaka should be accessible by train or bus at a fraction of that price, and the public transportation in Japan is clean, safe and reliable.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,789 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kansai to center city osaka

Maybe the tour company was trying to get you to buy their (likely overpriced) transfer. On average, the various methods should take you to the center of Osaka for about 1,000 Yen give or take. The price quoted by the tour company is probably the cost if you take a taxi. Post your hotel name and your flight's arrival time to get more accurate recommendations.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kansai to center city osaka

suzerW. just to give you an idea an express train from Kansai airport to Kyoto (farther than Osaka)cost about 35 $. there are 2 railways stations within Kansai airport (you can google the airport site and look for maps). One for JR, a rail company going to downtown Osaka (NORTH area, called Kita) then various towns in the area and well beyond. The other station (side by side) is for Nankai rail and goes to Osaka South, called Namba) then to other towns in the south and beyond. There are also buses (called limousines) going to various major hotels and to other towns. let' us know where your hotel is..

www.japan-guide.com as nice basic maps if you check their transportation section (under A-Z at the very top of their site)

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Himeji, Kobe, Osaka
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kansai to center city osaka

In addition to the links others have given, use www.hyperdia.com; click on English, and for the 'From' put in Kansai and then choose the airport from the list. You can also take a bus from the airport.

My guess is that their transfer fees included shipping your luggage from the airport to the hotel, with a slight inflation in price. I might be wrong, but that makes the prices slightly more reasonable if it's the round-trip price.

John W.

6. Re: Kansai to center city osaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 05:16