We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyoto itinerary ?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
159 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Kyoto itinerary ?

My husband & I & our teen daughter arrive March 18 to tokyo NRT.

No doubt we will be to exhausted to travel to Kyoto that night, so someone suggested we stay in Shinagawa and then catch the train to Kyoto on next morning.

Here is my rough itinerary and questions.

1) march 18 arrive Narita 5:30 PM , NEX to Shinagawa, Or is there a better way to get there. Don't want to activate our JR Pass yet. Spend night shinagawa as it would save time next morning or Tokyo

2) March 19-24 go to station in morning take train to Kyoto

We have an apartment for 6 nights and will use Kyoto as our base to go to Nara , Osaka, and not sure where else, open to ideas

3}March 25 in the morning leave Kyoto for Tokyo check in hotel,

sight see

4) March 26 , Ghibli museum morning ,

5) March 27 or 28th depart for home from Narita.

I know this is not complete. We just started planning this two days ago, but have the flight and the apt. in Kyoto and know there is much to do and so little time, it will be filled.

? , Where might we go for day trips from Kyoto besides Nara, is Kurashiki doable or okayama?

? When would be the best time to activate our JR Passes

I realize they are only good for 7 days and we are staying longer.

Thank you again for your help.

1. Re: Kyoto itinerary ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:20