We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Hiroshima, any suggestions?

Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Day trip to Hiroshima, any suggestions?

Hey guys, I'll be part of a driving tour in April, and our last day will be spent in Hiroshima.

We'll be driving in from Onomichi in the morning, so I reckon I'll reach Hiroshima no later than 10. I then have to be at Hiroshima airport by about 3pm to catch a flight to Haneda.

Given this rather tight timeline, would it be possible to squeeze in both Miyajima (at least Itsukushima Shrine) and the Memorial Park?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Hiroshima, any suggestions?

Check the timetable - one of the ferries to Miyajima runs from relatively close to the peace park .If you can time it right, you can do both.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,389 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Hiroshima, any suggestions?

Some people miss visiting the museum while going to the park and the A-bomb building, which is a real pity. What values the most here are the exhibits inside the museum that testify the consequences of the bomb and radiation. Without seeing the museum, a person might never be able to imagine that nuclear bombs are qualitatively very different from conventional bombs.

Recommend a visit to the museum as well as the A-bomb dome, and if you have time, the peaceful park and memorials around it.

Edited: 22 February 2012, 23:58
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,389 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Hiroshima, any suggestions?

Hiroshima Airport is a bit far away from Hiroshima City, so do calculate the time to get there. Checking in closes 20 minutes before departure time. If you arrive at least 30-40 minutes before departure, you would be fine.

Also forgot to mention the Okonomiyaki Village in Hiroshima for lunch. I hope you'll have time for Miyajima as well, so consider getting into Hiroshima as early as you can.

Edited: 23 February 2012, 00:31
4. Re: Day trip to Hiroshima, any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:41