We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

Hello! I hope St. Petersburg experts could help us picking seats for La Bayadere ballet on May 21st :D

I'm deciding between first row seats of the following circle/box

a) 1st Gallery Circle, Box 9

b) Belle-Etage, Box 10

I note that a) tickets are 1700 rub cheaper than b) so I am wondering what makes the price different.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

115 replies to this topic
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

>>what makes the price different.

two points: 1) Belle-Etage is LOWER than 1st Gallery, 2) in this case Box 10 "relatively" CLOSER to the stage than Box 9.

But in this case I personally would take 1st Gallery box 9 (and not because it's cheaper), but 'cause I like to face the stage more "forward" vs. "sidewise".

If you feel it's too far away you can always rent a binocular (for a small fee) at the cloak-room when you check in your coats.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

Thank you, Svetakoshka! I have booked the 1st Gallery box 9 tickets :D

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

Belle etage is definitely better - depending on the row in a box, of coccurse. In the mentioned boxes seats are non-elevated, so first row is much more preferable. In the first gallery boxes - much less space for your knees...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

How are seats for Dress Circle, Left side, Row 1, Place 31 & 32? This is for Anna Karenina ballet at Mariinsky theatre.

Edited: 26 May 2014, 19:21
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

>>Anna Karenina ballet at Mariinsky theatre.

looks like it's NEW Mariinsky building, right?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

I am not sure since I purchased on line with Mariinsky. How do I know which building or theatre? This is for Anna Karenina in June 2014.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
18 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

mariinsky.ru/en/… as it said in right corner: Mariinsky II ( two) that's new building, opened in 2013 near historic scene. Don't worry, 100% visibility, so you can choose any seat, choose by price and your other preferences. Welcome.

Helsinki, Finland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

Hello!

Could you help me with picking up tickets for Giselle in Mariinsky on August 2nd? There are two small children (age 6) in our company of four. There are no first row tickets in either the stalls boxes, dress circle or tiers left, but there are tickets in dress circle second row box 9, 11, 12, 14 and 15 and stalls middle first row, fourth row etc. Are the dress circle second row boxes elevated, could that be an option? And do you know if there are cushions for the children available? Is second tier 1st box totally out of question? I dreamed of elevated first row tickets...

Thank you in advance!

Edited: 14 July 2014, 07:20
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

I've just checked - there are 1st row seat available at stall boxes 15 and 16

>>Are the dress circle second row boxes elevated, could that be an option?

sorry, no. Only 3d row in the boxes is elevated but even that might be not an option for a child.

>>And do you know if there are cushions for the children available?

no cushions available, sorry

What you can do is to have you child sit on your lap but you still would have to pay full price for his/her ticket .....

>>Is second tier 1st box totally out of question?

for the adults would be sort of OK, for the children - I wouldn't take it.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre

Kaariaariл,

I forgot to mention, you do know the outline of the Giselle story, right? The whole second act takes place at the cemetery with all ghosts dancing and such... might not be the best thing for 6 yo to see before bedtime.... (or at all)

If you could make it on August, 5 tickets.mariinsky.ru/en/performance/7572 - Konyok-Gorbunok (The Little Humpbacked Horse) would suit kids much better (even though it wouldn't be in the "good-old" Mariinsky building but on its new stage)

Reply to: Choosing seats at Mariinsky Theatre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted