We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Finlandsky station to Holiday Inn

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Taxi from Finlandsky station to Holiday Inn

Hi everyone,

I will be taking the Allegro train from Helsinki to St Petersburg in about two weeks arriving into Finlandsky station.

I will be staying at the Holiday Inn St Petersburg (Moskovskye Vorota). I have looked up the public transport route to the hotel and worried that it will be a little complicated for me to negotiate with luggage by myself. Could anyone please help me with an estimated price for a taxi from the station to the hotel?

I have looked up a website recommended here (http://ac-taxi.ru/price/) and assume that the taxi will cost about 350 rubles but would just like a second opinion to ensure I am on the right track.

Also, I have read varied reports on whether to pre-book a taxi or negotiate with one waiting near the train station. Any tips from locals or other travellers?

Many thanks!

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Taxi from Finlandsky station to Holiday Inn

A taxi from the station to what they call Zone 5 will be closer to 900 Rubles in the summer peak season and 600 for off season. It is best to call one of the dispatched taxi phone numbers for a these prices, hailing a taxi from the street could be much more expensive. Prices have gone up due to higher fuel costs, a little over a $1 per liter. Even private taxis, private cars stopped, for a form of paid hitchhiking, is going to be more than 350R now.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
2. Re: Taxi from Finlandsky station to Holiday Inn

Thanks Stanj! I thought that looked a little too cheap from the price guide, so as always it was best to check.

Can't wait to get to Russia :)

3. Re: Taxi from Finlandsky station to Holiday Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg