We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Day Cruise Stop St Petersburg

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Two Day Cruise Stop St Petersburg

Stopping over for one night and two days visit to St Petersburg via a Cruise Ship...We usually do our own thing regarding excursions....my concern is visa requirements.

Can anyone advise (I have 10 months before visits) cheapest/easiest way to get the visa...I read somewhere about a visa waiver - if anyone understands what that means.

Still work in progress as to where the ships docks for all our stops

kind regards

3 replies to this topic
NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Two Day Cruise Stop St Petersburg

u need visa. no cheap way out! Or you can book a 2 day excursion with the russian vendor. We did this in august

quite happy

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Two Day Cruise Stop St Petersburg

You have three alternatives. 1 is pay a lot and buy tours from the cruise company. Visa-free, but herded and rushed. And expensive. Option 2 is to buy same or smaller-group or private visa-free tours from tens of local tour operators. Cheaper, better suites your wishes but still not full experience. Option 3 is to get a visa and spent a night in the city. Lots of nice walks, much more to see and enjoy. You need to reserve a hotel, get a "visa invitation letter" from them, or buy it online; and apply to VFS to get a visa. Visa details on VFS website, lots of info re tours and St.Petersburg on the top right of this forum in the FAQ section...

Enjoy!

Farnborough, Kent
Level Contributor
4 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: Two Day Cruise Stop St Petersburg

Do you have any English speaking Guide you would recommend for a group of four people for a tour of major sites in St Petersburg, picking up from a Cruise ship around 10.am please? An estimate of costs per person will be helpful.

Reply to: Two Day Cruise Stop St Petersburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg