We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

metro ticket - four days

Croatia
Level Contributor
473 posts
24 reviews
metro ticket - four days

We will be in St. Petersburg from Thursday in the morning until Sunday evening. What would be the best option/ticket for public transport in the city (with going to the airport on Sunday evening)?

4 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
12,353 posts
223 reviews
1. Re: metro ticket - four days

Do you have an itinerary? Unless you are staying in the boondocks and/or are planning to dedicate most of your time to some obscure destinations at the expense of the must-sees, you might not need to use the metro at all.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: metro ticket - four days

I find the St Petersburg Metro a handy tool as personal mobility has good to uncomfortable days (rhumatoid arthritis). tho there are some lengthy distance when swapping from one line to another —a small price to pay when you struggle a bit

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
3. Re: metro ticket - four days

If you are sure that you will often use public transport, then, of course, buy a travel pass. (Cost of 4 Day pass is 425+60=485 rubles). If not, then your single ticket is a bank card (Visa or MC) with paypass/payvawe technology. More info https:/…fares_tickets

Croatia
Level Contributor
473 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: metro ticket - four days

Thanks for your replies. After having spent my four days in St. Petersburg I can confirm that due to the geographical disposition of the city, walking is the most efficient way to get around. Not that we particularly like walking (on the contrary, that's why I asked the question...), but that's just the way it is. We only used public transport 4 times in 4 days, and that was bus/tram, not metro. For those rides we paid single tickets od 40 R directly on the bus/tram to the conductor, that was all.

Reply to: metro ticket - four days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted