We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

Antwerp, Belgium
4 posts
Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

Hi,

My wife qnd I are going on a Baltic cruise in August. We will be in St. Petersburg on August 14. Can we find better tour deals when we are at the port or do we have to book/purchase before arriving there?

Please share your experience/recommendations/comments.

Sam

Edited: 23 May 2018, 10:04
12 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
314 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

You will not be able to get a tour at the port as you cannot pass immigration without either a visa or tour voucher for visa-free access.

Unlike other ports on the Baltic you cannot just get off the ship and find a tour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

You have to book a tour beforehand with a Russian travel agency or you will be stuck on the ship. The other option is to buy a trip via the cruise line-highly overpriced. We booked via Internet with a local guide. Very good experience.

Antwerp, Belgium
4 posts
3. Re: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

Thank you for your reply. Do you still remember the name or the website of the tour you took?

Antwerp, Belgium
4 posts
4. Re: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

Thank you for your reply.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

sam1234562018, have you looked at the list of local tour companies (and private guides)? https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g2985…

Auckland
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

Hi - have you used the visa-free tour voucher access in St Petersbury? We're NZ residents/passport holders & wanted to book a private tour in St Petersburg before we leave NZ rather than using a Cruise Excursion - I've enquired with the Consulate - even giving a local tour guides (Best Guides) registration number - the Consulate came back with conditions for the 72 hour pass - one of which was: They must travel only with the group according to the pre-arranged program of the shipping company ... not very helpful as as we'd prefer not to use the Cruise Excursion, but on the other hand don't want to pre-pay a local guide then find we're denied access & miss St Petersburg altogether.... Looking for some direction from someone in this part of the world! Tks

Antwerp, Belgium
4 posts
7. Re: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

I just booked a 2 day, visa free, tour with SPB tours. They sent me paperwork to get out of the port and meet them outside for the tour.

Check them out.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
12,274 posts
222 reviews
8. Re: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

> I've enquired with the Consulate

They have no clue about visa-free. Read thousands of reports here by people who have actually used local operators for visa-free visits.

Auckland
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

Thank you. Yes there does seem to be a lot of people using this. Would like to hear from someome with NZ passports who have used.

California
Level Contributor
39 posts
61 reviews
10. Re: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg

We just returned from a cruise and booked a tour beforehand with Lentina Travel. The ones offered by the cruise ships were very pricey. Lentina Travel took care of the visas and were very prompt and reasonable with their prices. We had a group of 6 people and thus had our own Mercedes minivan, which was clean and seemed very new. Bottles of water were provided for each of us. They customized the sights based on what I wanted. Definitely worth the money because we were only in port for a day and the tour lasted from 9 - 5pm.

Reply to: Visa Free Tours in St. Petersburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted