We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. P's June 11-20

minnesota
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
St. P's June 11-20

Gal pal and I would like to see part of the White Nights festival at the Malinsky theater or any other outstanding program while the guys are watching soccer, Where and what do you suggest would give us the most flavor without a huge ($200/pp) price tag? Opera or ballet or is there something with both? Also, someone told me about an obscure tour of Russian soldiering with visits to battlefields or something that was quite extraordinary years ago. Sound familiar? Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
751 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. P's June 11-20

I would say that you and gal pal are in an enviable position. For my money, I'd say an evening at the D. D. Shostakovich Philharmonia is a good bet. It's certainly among the best value for the money, and my favourite place for these things in Saint Petersburg. I even see Gershwin and the Tehran Symphony Orchestra there:

www.philharmonia.spb.ru/en/afisha/…

And the Mariinsky is always helpful. You never know who you'll see there too. The Russian PM's wife was there one night, when we were there. Dress your best. If able:

https://www.mariinsky.ru/en/playbill/playbill

>>Opera or ballet or is there something with both? <<

Not processing this well. I keep seeing the Vikings playing the Yankees. Oh well.

>>Also, someone told me about an obscure tour of Russian soldiering with visits to battlefields<<

I'll go out on a limb, and post this link:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g…

Whatever you do, you'll do well in Saint Petersburg:

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
minnesota
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. P's June 11-20

Thank you so much for the response! I'm just wrapping it all up and will see Romeo and Juliet at the Mikhailovsky and will look into the tour you suggested. Lots to do! p.s. the Vikings would win ...

Mentioned in this post
Romeo's Bar & Kitchen
Romeo's Bar & Kitchen
954 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
751 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. P's June 11-20

>>Thank you so much for the response!<<