We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these ballets should I see?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Which of these ballets should I see?

Hi everyone,

I will be in SPB on 22 August and would love to see a ballet. I know that the Mariinsky and Mikhailovsky are on summer break but I have the following two options instead (both Swan Lake):

1. Yacobsons Ballet at the Mariinsky

2. St. Petersburg Tchaikovsky Ballet at the Alexandrinsky

Any suggestions on which would be the better experience?

There are still quite a lot of seats at both theatres, particularly at the Mariinsky. Can you recommend best seating options?

Thank you!!

2 replies to this topic
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Which of these ballets should I see?

Between these two I'd go for Yacobson's Ballet at the Mariinsky theater. You'll see the grand theater itself and the ballet. I think that Mariinsky stage is more suitable for the ballet. As for the seating, please read this https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29850…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2. Re: Which of these ballets should I see?

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into the Yacobsons ballet! ☺️

I have read those seating suggestions. I’m leaning towards Belle-etage boxes 8,10, or 11, or else 1st tier box 8 (in the middle at the back of the theatre). Do you think the price points accurately describe the quality of the seats? Box 8 belle-etage is significantly cheaper and then 1st tier is even cheaper again.

Reply to: Which of these ballets should I see?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted