We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these ballets should I see?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Which of these ballets should I see?

Hi everyone,

I will be in SPB on 22 August and would love to see a ballet. I know that the Mariinsky and Mikhailovsky are on summer break but I have the following two options instead (both Swan Lake):

1. Yacobsons Ballet at the Mariinsky

2. St. Petersburg Tchaikovsky Ballet at the Alexandrinsky

Any suggestions on which would be the better experience?

There are still quite a lot of seats at both theatres, particularly at the Mariinsky. Can you recommend best seating options?

Thank you!!

Mentioned in this post
SPB Tours
SPB Tours
4,765 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
2 replies to this topic
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of these ballets should I see?

Between these two I'd go for Yacobson's Ballet at the Mariinsky theater. You'll see the grand theater itself and the ballet. I think that Mariinsky stage is more suitable for the ballet. As for the seating, please read this https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29850…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of these ballets should I see?

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into the Yacobsons ballet! ☺️

I have read those seating suggestions. I’m leaning towards Belle-etage boxes 8,10, or 11, or else 1st tier box 8 (in the middle at the back of the theatre). Do you think the price points accurately describe the quality of the seats? Box 8 belle-etage is significantly cheaper and then 1st tier is even cheaper again.

Reply to: Which of these ballets should I see?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted