We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Petersburg: 2 and a half days Stay

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
St Petersburg: 2 and a half days Stay

Hi Guys,

We are a group of 7 friends visiting Russia in July 2018. We will be in St Petersburg for 2 and a half days and plan on doing the following:

Peter and Paul Fortress, Peterhoff, Night Cruise, Hermitage, Cruiser Aurora, Explore the night life in St Petersburg one night, Nevsky Prospekt, St Isaac's Cathedral.

1. Would you recommend we explore any other places as well?

2. We plan on traveling to Suzdal from St P (Via Vladimir) for a day - Is that recommended?

Thanks a lot!

Mentioned in this post
Russia
Russia
Europe
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
Cruiser Aurora
Cruiser Aurora
676 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
Nevsky Prospekt
Nevsky Prospekt
4,118 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
Suzdal
Suzdal
Suzdalsky District, Russia
7 replies to this topic
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
781 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Petersburg: 2 and a half days Stay

Your plan to visit Peter and Paul Fortress, Peterhoff, Night Cruise, Hermitage, Cruiser Aurora, Explore the night life in St Petersburg one night, Nevsky Prospekt, St Isaac's Cathedral in one day is doable, but the tour will be intensive. Take into account a time of transportation (hydrofoil/bus/taxi/metro), museum working hrs to work out the itinerary.

2. We plan on traveling to Suzdal from St P (Via Vladimir) for a day - Is that recommended?

In my opinion it'll be a tiring journey!. A night train SPB- Moscow (and back) can help. In Moscow take a train to Vladimir (3hrs) & a bus to Suzdal (40 min).

Mentioned in this post
Cruiser Aurora
Cruiser Aurora
676 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Nevsky Prospekt
Nevsky Prospekt
4,118 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
Suzdal
Suzdal
SPB Tours
SPB Tours
4,765 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
St. Petersburg...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: St Petersburg: 2 and a half days Stay

Well, are you sure you want to make this trip to Vladimir in one day? It is 900 km away from StPetersburg!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Petersburg: 2 and a half days Stay

Hi,

To visit Hermitage itself requires a min 5 hrs!

This happened to me before, I was in Sp back in March. It took me two days (bought twice the tics) to finished the Museum. LIke me if you are into cultural and historical topics.

I also visited Erarta (St Petersburg Museum of Contemporary Art), worth a visit.

Look for this restaurant called 'Marketplace' along Nevsky!

Also, try to visit the Vodka Museum, a lot of types of vodka. You will get 3 free vodka shots per person. It was appropriate to do it during the winter.

Try to take their subway. the station is beautiful!

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Erarta Restaurant
Erarta Restaurant
232 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St Petersburg: 2 and a half days Stay

Thanks Elena! We will cover St Petersburg attractions I mentioned over a period of 2.5 days, so hopefully we will be able to spend enough at each place!

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St Petersburg: 2 and a half days Stay

Hi ekrepetoun, we plan to stay at Suzdal for a night. So we hope it will be worth the travel!

Mentioned in this post
Suzdal
Suzdal
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: St Petersburg: 2 and a half days Stay

Thank you so much for the tips, ChoonChing! Will try to plan accordingly and visit the restaurants you recommended!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
220 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St Petersburg: 2 and a half days Stay

Do you want to see Suzdal specifically or just any ancient Russian city, different from St. Pete? if the later, I'd strongly recommend visiting Novgorod (aka Veliky Novgorod or smth like that, don't confuse with Nizhni Novgorod) from St. Petersburg. It's the most historic Russian city with many white onion-domed churches and it makes a great day trip from St. Pete.

In St. Pete you can spend 2.5 days or 2.5 years and not see everything, so it really a matter of your choice/interest/ability to set priorities and physical limits. What you listed sounds like a bit too much for 2.5. days, because Hermitage, Petershoff, and Peter and Paul each are really full-day activities if you want to see them in a meaningful way. It might be doable if things align right and you don't linger too long at any one place. Just be mentally ready to give up on some of those plans.

in addition, I really like Catherine's Palace in Pushkin. That's where I truly understand what a tsar's palace is:) Best done when the weather is good, as its park is one of the main attractions. It may take a whole day to explore.

Mentioned in this post
Suzdal
Suzdal
Veliky Novgorod
Veliky Novgorod
Novgorod Oblast, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Pushkin
Pushkin