We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel voucher / confirmation for visa free 72 hours visit

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel voucher / confirmation for visa free 72 hours visit

Hi,

Me and couple of friends are planning to visit St. Petersburg next weekend. We booked our trip with St. Peter Line ferry including return tickets and city bus tour and booked the hostel with booking.com.

Have some of you booked the acomodation through booking.com while traveling to SPB with the visa free 72 hour visit? What kind of confirmation did you need at the border control? Is a simple booking confirmation from booking.com enough?

I am just a bit worried beacuse I just realised we are supposed to pay for the hostel upon arrival, so we do not have a confirmation of payment, only booking details. Could this be a problem at the boarder control?

Thank you!

UlkoTours
Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
MaxiBaltTours
Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Tzarina Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
Progulki
City Tours, Segway Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
4 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,626 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel voucher / confirmation for visa free 72 hours visit

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29850…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
158 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel voucher / confirmation for visa free 72 hours visit

Passport control didn't ask for or look at mine. Only the St Peter Line staff wanted to see it upon checking in. Border control only wants to see passport, arrival card. On the ferry heading back to Helsinki now.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel voucher / confirmation for visa free 72 hours visit

Thank you!

Did you had just the generic booking.com confirmation of booking? Or does the St Peter Line staff want to see some other one too?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
158 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel voucher / confirmation for visa free 72 hours visit

I showed them my booking confirmation on my phone, I didn't have it printed out.

Reply to: Hotel voucher / confirmation for visa free 72 hours visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted