We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting off the ship!

London, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Getting off the ship!

I am sure this has been answered elsewhere...disembarkation for tours at St Petersburg (2018).

We were going to use the cruise ship tours (no visa required) but have since discovered that as long as you are using a registered tour operator you do not need a visa.

We would prefer the smaller groups offered by local companies, but I read somewhere that ship organised tours are allowed off first, there are long delays at immigration etc.

General and useful help and advice is required please.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
18 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting off the ship!

Thank you Jean, just what we were looking for!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
781 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting off the ship!

>but I read somewhere that ship organised tours are allowed off first, there are long delays at immigration etc. <

These are the inside stories from :

-Azamara Customer Service:"All guests will be able to debark at the time schedule after arrival at the port. There is no priority for guests with tours offered by Azamara. If you have plans or a private tourschedule you canlet the staff members onboard so they can make the necessary arrangements for you."

-Celebrity Cruises: "Were you to select a 3rd party vendor to book a shore excursion with. simply let guest relations know of your need to disembark at a specific time & they will accommodate you. regardless of who you select to book your excursions."

RI
Level Contributor
126 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Getting off the ship!

I am sure that the cruise lines are not the problem that may occur next year. The issue will be if the port authority does not allow the transportation used by non-ship sponsored tours into the port until the ship tours have departed. This will cause the private tours to be delayed.

I don't think that anyone knows how this will play out but it will not discourage me from booking a private tour. I think that it is fairer to warn passengers of the possible delay because of the change of the port administration than to assume that all passengers can start their tours whenever they want.

London, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Getting off the ship!

I think that now we are aware that the Port is controlling the traffic rather than cruise line prioritising disembarkation it should all sort itself out, and as you said previously, we just have to allow extra time.

JeanSRI, out of interest, what are you looking at?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Getting off the ship!

Here is the official port’s press release: portspb.ru/press_center/…3698

Authorized tour operators will be given preferences entering the port....

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Getting off the ship!

These authorized companies were mentioned in the press release, as those having contracts with cruise companies and getting preferences:

Из них 5 компаний: ООО «Арктур Трэвел», ЗАО «Балтик Трэвэл Компани», ООО «ДэнЭсти», ООО «ТУРКОМПАНИЯ «МИР», ООО «Юропиан Круиз Сервис Раша» (ООО «ИСИЭС Раша») являются туроператорами судов:

http://www.baltictravel.com/page/3

http://mir-travel.com/en/about-mir/about-us/

http://www.deneesti.ee

RI
Level Contributor
126 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Getting off the ship!

Great article. Thanks. It translates well in Google.

We are doing a customized tour of St. Petersburg on a 2 day stop next spring including the Smolny Institute and both buildings at the Hermitage.

I have found the tour companies in St. Petersburg to be very accommodating.

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
London, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Getting off the ship!

Thank you, great to have the official reason and not guesses!

We know what to expect and can decide on what to do accordingly.

Reply to: Getting off the ship!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg