We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peterhof Carnival during White Nights

Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Peterhof Carnival during White Nights

I was told to book rooms to St Petersburg now if I intend to be there in the summer because the rooms go fast.

I have seen posts about Peterhof having a carnival where actors wear period costumes. Does anyone know if that carnival atmosphere is just during a particular week or if it lasts through July?

Is there a schedule that will be released of the dates?

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
Peterhof
Peterhof
Petrodvortsovy District, Russia
2 replies to this topic
Saint Petersburg...
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peterhof Carnival during White Nights

Hello there,

the Peterhof site tell nothing about such event, although they have a schedule for 2018. Actually there are an actors dressed in historical costumes there, walking around the park, you can take a picture with them for money. Of course, they will be there in July, but remember that white nights end about mid of July, so it is better to come in June here.

Hope it helped you a bit.

Welcome :)

Mentioned in this post
Peterhof
Peterhof
Petrodvortsovy District, Russia
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
781 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peterhof Carnival during White Nights

You might heard of Alexandria's Carousel- Knight fair in Peterhof's Alexandria park. It lasted from 1.07 until 2.07/2017 (still in White Nights). Yes, actors were dressed in period costumes. Look through http;//en.peterhofmuseum.ru/events & enjoy pictures of equestrian performance, medieval fair, etc.

In the Lower Garden near the "Adam" fountain you can rent a period costume(18-19 c.) upon your taste.

Reply to: Peterhof Carnival during White Nights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg