We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Petersburg Card VERSUS City Pass

1 post
Save Topic
St Petersburg Card VERSUS City Pass

Hello Forum Contributors,

My wife and I are planning a 3-night 4-day trip to St. Petersburg. We are debating between purchasing the CityPass https://russiacitypass.com/en/piter or the St Petersburg Card (SPC) https://petersburgcard.com/en and would love anyones insight on the quality of each. The CityPass seems to have less to offer, but what it does offer has very few restrictions. The SPC offers a lot at first glance, but there seems to be many restrictions on the various museums (such as only partial admissions, or free admission isn't included during the May/June period we are going).

Our main goals for St Petersburg include Peterhof, Hermitage, a sightseeing tour both on land and on water, Palace Square, and a ballet show (which we already have booked). We really want an option that makes our travelling around the city more affordable and allows us to take in some museums and other sights spontaneously that we may not have originally planned to see.

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
Peterhof
Peterhof
Petrodvortsovy District, Russia
5 replies to this topic
Holt, Missouri
Level Contributor
525 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Petersburg Card VERSUS City Pass

I don't know about the "City Pass," but I tried the "St Petersburg Card," and was pretty disappointed. It ended up costing me more than I would have spent on the same things without it.

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Save Reply
2. Re: St Petersburg Card VERSUS City Pass

Many restrictions goes from museums, not from any cards. So holiday restrictions will apply CityPass too. To calculate you route, use this hint https:/…

It may be cost you more than expected, if you are too lazy or chooses cheap POI.

Lake Tahoe...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: St Petersburg Card VERSUS City Pass

I bought St Petersburg CityPass in January 2017, went to 12 museums, saved 70 EUR. No stand in the cash register, there is no change in the currency. Bonus: discounts for taxis, cafes. There are many museums, choose favorite ones and go to catch it. A little time and pay the camera separately.

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Tzaneen, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Petersburg Card VERSUS City Pass

Good Day,

I have the same question, did you guys go yet and what was your conclusion? Is it better to by the Piterspass or the Petersburg Card? Ons the websites it looks much better to buy the Card.

Please advise.

Thanks

Ciudad Obregon...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: St Petersburg Card VERSUS City Pass

Hello Olga! How was your trip? Would you mind helping me with mine? I have the same question! Did you buy the city pass or the card?

Edited: 21 May 2018, 20:30
Reply to: St Petersburg Card VERSUS City Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted