We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

Level Contributor
20 posts
svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

i'm planing to visit Russia during WC. i booked all my flights and hotels and now i noticed that i made a terrible mistake.

i though my departure flight back home would be at SVO ( 12:15 PM) so i booked my plane from LED to SVO(-ish) the same day with Aeroflot and the plane would land at 8:30 AM and i can spend a little time at the airport .

now i see that i booked the LED->VKO plane so there is 55 Km to cover at 9 AM .

can i make it ( considering the traffic etc)? is getting an uber a good idea? or should i just book another plane? ( the ticket is none refundable )

is Aeroflot reliable enough for stick timing?

12 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
1. Re: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

Aeroflot does to fly to/from VKO. You will be flying by Rossiya Airlines, member of Aeroflot Group of companies that includes Aeroflot, Rossiya Airlines, Aurora Airlines and Pobeda Airlines.

You need to change your flight, otherwise you risk missing your flight.

Level Contributor
20 posts
2. Re: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

the cheapest flight to VKO is 241.20 $ which is practically twice the price i paid

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

I would say might be more predictable to look at using Aero and Metro, but allowing for the time between trains, you would likely need as much as 2.5 hours. Would not count on Uber being any faster at this time of day...this would leave maybe an hour to get thru various checks. I would change flights.

Edited: 27 February 2018, 21:47
Level Contributor
20 posts
4. Re: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

can i change the time of a none refundable ticket ? (i says i can rebook it at additional charges but i'm not sure what it means)

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

I have no idea...this would need to be raised with whomever you got the ticket...if you did this on-line, see if it will let you change it (sounds like you are considering same airport, but earlier time?)...

Level Contributor
20 posts
6. Re: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

yes or VKO and paying the difference

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

Best advice is try to do this on-line and see if it allows changes, and what kind of charges...

Level Contributor
20 posts
8. Re: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

i tried to change it. i done all the steps . it said click on the continue to confirm at the last step if you leave this page the change would be cancelled automatically .... so .... there is no continue bottom :)) but my ticket is changed and even if i close the browser it wont change :))) at this point i have no idea :))

Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
9. Re: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

I think you should contact air company. The cheapest tickets are non refundable with no changes allowed so you might screwed up a little bit but it is just life :)

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?

Have no idea what your post means! If you go back in, is your ticket NOW changed for the times/airport you want??? At this point, either call them or send them an e-mail...

IF it was changed, I can't see them charging you (legally) if you not see a page with "change fee"...

Also, at least in US, usually "non-refundable" does not quite mean you can't change it...but, again in US, they have HUGE change fees (~ $200), and then you are also asked to pay any difference if there is one...most of this precludes one actually using one's old ticket toward a new changed one...BUT this is US, not Russia...

Reply to: svo to vko ... UBER or changing my plan?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted