We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it saf3 8n Russia?

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
Is it saf3 8n Russia?

We are hoping to go to the World Cup 2018. Is it safe for two travelers; not an organized group, to be in Moscow and travel back and forth to St. Petersburg?

22 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
318 posts
1. Re: Is it saf3 8n Russia?

Yes, it is.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
6,562 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Is it saf3 8n Russia?

I believe it is safer there than in most larger US cities.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Is it saf3 8n Russia?

Hi train takes approx 4.5 hr between Moscow & StP so wouldn’t recommend same day return trip. We just returned from Russia for NY & didn’t feel unsafe at all. Plenty of crowds but also plenty of police presence. Spent NY in Moscow by ourselves at Red Square with no issues. Metro is very safe with cameras & security everywhere.

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Is it saf3 8n Russia?

Agree with #2, it is very safe.

Level Contributor
42 posts
5. Re: Is it saf3 8n Russia?

Hello! It's absolutely safe! If not, please, contact me:) I promise to be your bodyguard:))

Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
6. Re: Is it saf3 8n Russia?

It is always funny when americans ask about safety. Yes, those larger cities are safer and less sketchy than NY subway, LA or Chicago. It is less safe than Switzerland for sure.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
247 reviews
7. Re: Is it saf3 8n Russia?

At least people here normally check their spelling before they post a question on a 1+ mln site

Level Contributor
10 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: Is it saf3 8n Russia?

Agree with the above posters--I have always felt perfectly safe in Moscow, at all hours of the day. Not always true in the US, unfortunately.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Is it saf3 8n Russia?

I have traveled all around the world and have found Moscow to be one of the safest megacities in the world. much safer in general then any large US city. Any.

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
10. Re: Is it saf3 8n Russia?

Well, I have kind of same question. I want to travel to St Peterburg in Summer, a girl alone, and I am not sure if it is safe for me to do so. I heard something about face policemen seizing your passport and you have to pay to have it back.

Reply to: Is it saf3 8n Russia?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted