We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Female solo traveller

Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Female solo traveller

Hi guys

I am looking to go to Timisoara early March this year and was wondering if there is anything I should know about or areas to avoid ? I will be 27 by that time and will be travelling solo. I'm very respectful of my host countries traditions and culture and generally get on very well with locals. This will be my first time travelling to Romania and not sure what to expect or how used to people are to solo travellers. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Unirii Square
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Timisoara Orthodox Cathedral
Churches & Cathedrals, Art Museums, Architectural Buildings
Piata Victoriei
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Timisoara Historical Center
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Monuments & Statues
6 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Female solo traveller

There are plenty of solo travelers that visit Romania, you shouldn't be worried. Just try to plan your trip to some degree, take usual precautions (don't drink too much, be careful at night in parks or other deserted areas etc.) and everything will be fine.

Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Female solo traveller

Hi Alterme , thank you. That is great to hear.

Dubai, United Arab...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Female solo traveller

i was travel solo to Romania two times and i will going again in next august , i never be a worry about my safety

the peoples so friendly there

just be carefully and far away from police they not good with foreign tourist

4. Re: Female solo traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2018, 11:04
Timisoara, Romania
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Female solo traveller

Hi there!

Timisoara born & raised girl here.

Compared to big cities I've visited, I can honestly tell you that Timisoara feels a lot safer, but maybe it's just because it is my hometown and I am used to it.

Besides the normal common sense advice (like avoid showing off with super expensive jewelry or show that you have a lot of money with you), I would maybe recommend you to avoid any late night walks in parks or the block neighbourhoods far from the centre. Normally they're all safe & ok, but I suppose you'll be having your hotel/hostel near the centre, so theoretically you won't be ending up in those areas anyway.

If you'd like to party or simply spend a night out and come back to your accommodation later at night, taxi & uber are always great options (and not that expensive). One other option is renting a bike for a few days and going home by bike - that's what I have been doing for years now and always felt a lot safer biking back home at 4 a.m. after a party than walking, but that's just me. Plus, biking along the Bega river is a nice thing to do in march when trees start to bloom :)

Hope I helped, enjoy Timisoara!

Den Bosch, The...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Female solo traveller

Hi im a sole traveler female too and i will be there early marchm when are you going?

Reply to: Female solo traveller
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Timisoara
Recent Conversations