We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Batangas Pier

3 posts
2 reviews
Bus to Batangas Pier

Hi,

At the 9th of december I will have to take a bus from Manilla to Batangas Pier because I will be travelling to Mindoro/Puerto Galera.

I would like to know wich station (address) I need to go to take the bus.

Kind regards,

Suzanne

21 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
19 reviews
11. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

Please excuse my ignorance / confusion

It was stated on another post that " If you are in Subic, it is easier to just take a Victory liner bus from Olongapo (destination Pasay) - there is an air con bus every hour from 3 am to 7:30 pm."

If i want to get from Peurto galera back to manila and then to Subic Bay ( a hotel at Barrio Barretto exactly) why can't I just get the same boat and bus back to JAM Liner Buendia Terminal from PG and then transfer by taxi to the Victory liner bus terminal and get the bus from there to Subic?

Please forgive me if I am missing something here and thank you for your patience and understanding

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
29 reviews
12. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

because if you do that your bus will cross EDSA and thirty mins later you will be droed off outside Buendia LRT station, you will then send 3 mins getting a taxi to Victory Liner in asay and then the Victory liner bus will head off in the direction of the Mall Of Asia as its on the north side of EDSA and sometimes 3 mins later it will be heading in the right direction having done a U turn and 15 mins after that will be crossing the road your bus from Jam came in on ! also you have the hassle of getting a taxi at Buendia which can be difficult.

Better to get a Cubao bus and get off at Baliwag and cross over the footbridge to Victory Cubao or continue to their terminal and get a taxi to Victory Cubo.

I like the 5 star route as I have an aversion to climbing stairs and prefer the walk back to 5 star and also at Dau buses that started their journey at Samuloc or Monumento will also sto there so there is a greater choice.

ost scrit

my comuter refuses to tye the letter that rhymes with wee , lease fill in the blanks

Edited: 06 September 2015, 13:10
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
19 reviews
13. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

Thanks for your hel

I'm sorry i was such a ain

hoe you have a hay day

David S

Philippines
Level Contributor
65 posts
61 reviews
14. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

If your from Subic much better you have to stop in Edsa, Kamuning coz there are many bus station going to Batangas pier.Iits easy for you if you stop in Jam Liner located along edsa in the right side if your from northern part of Luzon.

1 post
15. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

manila city is a component city of metro manila, it is the original city aside from the other cities within metro manila.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,264 posts
254 reviews
16. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

Warning: #15 is a necropost and what was said was even useless to the discussion.

Niagara Falls...
2 posts
17. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

I'm going to be doing the same trip late January, I have set my itinerary as such; Victory liner from Olongapo to Sampoloc. Walk, Taxi to Si-kat (Bus + Ferry) in Ermita (1 km).

It can be done in one day but for convenience sake, I'm overnighting in Manila. Si-Kat bus leaves at 8:30 am

The Pro of Si-Kat is less confusion and waiting time at Batangas Pier.

The Con is that it's more expensive by about 300 peso

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
29 reviews
18. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

I used to do this every two weeks leaving Olongapo around nine am, getting off at GMA at the JAM terminal ,the conductor will tell you when there or folllow your route on google maps on your phone , you will then be on your way to Batangas around twelve arriving at the pier three to four. Travel on Sunday is quicker.

If you do decide to stop over you are more likely going to get a Monumento bus and if you only have a small back pack can get the LRT. It is annoying they don’t let you on with normal luggage.

Also download the grab app for a taxi as many drivers who hang around bus stations are sharks who won’t put on the meter

Manila, Philippines
2 posts
19. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

I found some really detailed instructions for my trip: https:/…

Manila, Philippines
2 posts
20. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

I found some really detailed instructions for my trip: https:/…

Reply to: Bus to Batangas Pier
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pasay