We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Batangas Pier

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Batangas Pier

Hi,

At the 9th of december I will have to take a bus from Manilla to Batangas Pier because I will be travelling to Mindoro/Puerto Galera.

I would like to know wich station (address) I need to go to take the bus.

Kind regards,

Suzanne

Mentioned in this post
Batangas Province
Batangas Province
Luzon, Philippines
Mindoro
Mindoro
Philippines
Puerto Galera
Puerto Galera
Mindoro, Philippines
Sunset or Night Dinner Cruise on...
18 Reviews
from US$57.94*
Free Cancellation
Private Old and New Manila City Tour
4 Reviews
from US$42.34*
Full Day City and Museum Tour
from US$108.00*
Free Cancellation
18 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,142 posts
2,204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294254-i9646-k…

..and surprisingly found this on Mr Google:

http://www.puertogalera.org/getting-here/

Edited: 26 July 2015, 23:51
Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowTopic-g298573-i3261-k…

Manila
Level Contributor
89 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

Where are you coming from. I know of around 3 places where you can get buses to Batangas....Cubao, Buendia, and Pasay...

Mentioned in this post
Batangas Province
Batangas Province
Luzon, Philippines
Pasay
Pasay
Luzon, Philippines
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,010 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

Suzanne D I assume you are foreignas you refer to bus station, here they are called terminus' so borzman makes a good point.

Manila is not a city but one of seven cities that make up Metro Manila and most visitors stay in Pasay City which includes NAIA, Manila itself with the Ermita district and Makati City. Most likely you will be coming from one of these and you should then get a taxi to Jam Terminus at Buendia in Pasay City ( see relies on earlier threads about this.

If coming from the north say Clark then you would have to get off a Pasay or Cubao bound bus as it passes Jam Cubao (in Quezon City) terminus near GMA station.

Taxis to Jam in Pasay from Ermita or Makati will be around 200 pesos on the meter.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Metro Manila
Metro Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Pasay
Pasay
Luzon, Philippines
Makati
Makati
Luzon, Philippines
Quezon City
Quezon City
Luzon, Philippines
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

Great help thankyou as I am going to PG too

Question after PG I am going to Subic Bay. Can i get the same boat/ then bus back to JAM Liner Buendia Terminal and then get a bus to Subic Bay ???

Or what is the best way to do this????

What sort of time frame from Buendia Terminal to PG should I be looking at?

and from PG back to manila and then to Subic bay how long would that take

Grateful for your help

Mentioned in this post
Subic
Subic
Luzon, Philippines
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,010 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

I used to do this journey every 2 weeks so from Batangas pier get a Cubao bus and get off at Baliwag in Cubao and walk 1OO metres back to 5 star then get a bus going via Dau and getting off there then transferring to an Olongao bus. check out google maps

You could get off at the same place and cross over the bridge over EDSA to Victory Cubao terminus and save about 20 pesosVictory Liner

in Olongao get one of the buses that go on SCTEX via Dau destination either asay or Cubao and ask the conductor to tell you when the bus gets to GMA Kanuming MRT. as that is where JAM Cubao terminal is look it up on google maps. The bus will halt underneath the MRT line and you will be met by an army of taxi drivers or porters wanting to carry your bags the 5O metres or so to Jam terminal which is the other side of the road that your bus was on and will rejoin i.e. to your right. Cross over this one way street look right then the bus terminus is about 23 metres further on. Buses leav about every half hour, you can have a CR break and a coffee at the Dunkin Donuts stall.

l suggest you leave Olongapo by ten or better still earlier as last ferry to Sabang is 4 o clock, White Beach at 5 but there is a Roro leaves at 9.

Edited: 05 September 2015, 08:54
Mentioned in this post
Batangas Province
Batangas Province
Luzon, Philippines
Olongapo
Olongapo
Luzon, Philippines
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

Thanks Sampag1ta .........it seems a little confusing ........I prefer the KISS principle esp seeing this will be my first time in the Philippines and I don't know my way around.

Is there something simplier?? I prefer as less hop on and off as possible, if possible.

Would it even be crazy to get back to JAM Liner Buendia Terminal, the way I went and get a taxi to Subic Bay.

Would taxi to Batangas Pier from Manila Hotel and then taxi from Batangas Pier to Subic Bay Hotel be ridiculous due to cost???

Thanks for your patience

Mentioned in this post
Subic
Subic
Luzon, Philippines
Batangas Province
Batangas Province
Luzon, Philippines
The Manila Hotel
The Manila Hotel
1,671 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,633 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

take the bus as taxi will cost you 3k to Batangas pier.

Mentioned in this post
Batangas Province
Batangas Province
Luzon, Philippines
Philippines
Level Contributor
65 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

Jam Liner in Edsa near Kamuning, Quezon City. Also in Taft-Rotonda, Pasay near MRT station.

Mentioned in this post
Quezon City
Quezon City
Luzon, Philippines
Pasay
Pasay
Luzon, Philippines
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,010 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus to Batangas Pier

my suggestion involves a 100 metre walk back to 5 star. then from one stand at Dau to another and on the way back crossing the road at GMA. With the exception of when the buses leave the expressway to go to Dau bus terminal and back that is the way I would drive. You can get the bus to Jam in Pasay and get dropped off on the street outside Buendia LRT station, in order to avoid the mad scramble for taxis I usually walk about a hundred metres down the road.

If you want to get a taxi I would be inclined to get the taxi from Batangas Pier to Victory Liner in Pasay then get the bus from there to Olongapo , this can be arranged by coco travel ( do an advanced search for details )for 2950 pesos but you will find your journey time likely to be an hour longer than just taking the bus. The transfers on edsa can be a hassle the other alternative is to stay on the Cubao bus as far as the terminal then get a taxi to Victory in Cubao insead of walking over the footbridge at Baliwag transit to Victory on the other side of EDSA,

I suggest you go on google maps so you understand where is where.

Mentioned in this post
Pasay
Pasay
Luzon, Philippines
Batangas Province
Batangas Province
Luzon, Philippines
Olongapo
Olongapo
Luzon, Philippines
Reply to: Bus to Batangas Pier
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted