We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle bus from Manila to Clark airports

Bury
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
shuttle bus from Manila to Clark airports

Do the shuttle buses from Manila airport to Clark airport run 24 hours?

My daughter is landing at Manila 18.55 & has a flight from Clark airport the following day at 11.15.

Would prefer to get a hotel close to Clark but unable to find up to date shuttle info.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shuttle bus from Manila to Clark airports

There are philtranco buses but infrequent however they have one in this schedule for 6.30 AM from Pasay terminal on EDSA which is the closest to NAIA

http://www.phbus.com/philtranco-bus/

This would get into Clark around 9 AM

There is a lot to be said for getting a 5 star bus to Dau bus terminal the night before but it is about 1 1/2 kms from the "entertainment " district of Amgeles City and most of the regular hotels ) are geared up to sex tourism.

The advantage is it saves a taxi to Philtranco in Manila and once there you can have a good nights sleep without worrying about having to get a taxi to Philtranco or missing the bus and there is a jeepney shuttle I think every 30 mins from Dau to Clark. but from hotels awk them to arrange a taxi

There is a Tune hotel which is a bit away from the girlie bars in Angeles on the perimeter of Clark and I expect could arrange a taxi for around 400 pesos - to get there from Dau you fight off the hoards of tricycle drivers and agree 100 pesos.

If staying in Manila the good news is there are plenty of hotels not too far from the terminal but read the reviews as some are grubby for the price you pay.

If she does decide on the 06.30 bus and turns up and it is cancelled she is a stones throw from 5 star terminal where buses to Dau leave every half hour or so but ythere is the danger of hitting rush hour and the usual 2 1/2 hour journey to Dau

If by now you are wishing she was going to Tunisia instead you could arrange an airport pickup to a hotel in Angeles for around 3000 pesos. http://www.margaritastation.com/NAIA.html

Edited: 19 July 2015, 20:45
Mentioned in this post
Pasay
Pasay
Luzon, Philippines
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Bury
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shuttle bus from Manila to Clark airports

Thanks for info very helpful.

I notice there is a shuttle at 8.30pm which she could get. What is the Tune hotel you mention as I think she would prefer to do most of the journey before she rests but I obviously don't want her in the centre of the local sex industry.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,392 posts
2,208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shuttle bus from Manila to Clark airports

Ive stayed at the Tune Hotel and its a great value hotel and outside the red light area. Several restaurants are in walking distance. Savannah Hotel is virtually next door and has a nice restaurant and bar.

Tommo

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shuttle bus from Manila to Clark airports

The 8.30 bus will still be hitting the end of the rush hour and is likely to arrive around 11 AM ! To get to Clark the bus has to go all around EDSA which is almost an hour even when quit then hitting an expressway for at least an hour.

Bury
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shuttle bus from Manila to Clark airports

Thanks I think she will choose to stay at the Tune hotel. As she will be pushed for time when she arrives at manilla is the Philtranco bus stand easy enough to spot?

Also when she first arrives in the Philippines she has an overnight stay in manilla before catching an internal flight. I have booked a room at Le Chateau Élysées Paranaque City. Do you have any ideas of the type of area this is in?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Paranaque
Paranaque
Luzon, Philippines
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shuttle bus from Manila to Clark airports

The place has tripadvisor reviews and looking at Google maps it seems a pleasnt enough neighbourhood but nothing much in the immedite vcinity so hopefully there will be passing txis, Mall OF Asia with cinema will be bout 150-200 pesos in a taxi.

I am a bit confused, i thought she was going to Clark straight after arriving but in any event if she is going to stay at Tune Hotel in Perimeter Rd Angeles she doesn't want to get the Philtranco bus but she can get either Victory liner or Five Star from their Pasay terminals in EDSA. to Dau then a trike or there is a private bus from Ermita to Angeles which drops passengers off on the same road that Tune is on leaving Ermita 3.30pm and then its either cross the road and get a trike or jeepney for about 800 metres to Tune - look up Brass Knob on Google Maps as thats where they drop passengers off.http://www.southerncrossshuttle.com/

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
Pasay
Pasay
Luzon, Philippines
melbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shuttle bus from Manila to Clark airports

You would better move to Clark the night prior and get a hotel Close to the airport. This way, you'll save her from stress and possibly missing her flight.

8. Re: shuttle bus from Manila to Clark airports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2018, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Pasay