We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metered Taxi From Pasay Victory Liner Terminal

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Metered Taxi From Pasay Victory Liner Terminal

Hi - We recently arrived at the Pasay Victory Liner Terminal and had trouble getting a metered city taxi to a nearby hotel. There were many offers from locals for us to ride in unmarked cars which were not for us for safety issues. We finally saw what looked like a city taxi dropping off by the main street and thought we would use that one. First of all, he would not let us in on the terminal property or the street, so we ran after him towing our luggage to the gas station next store. Even though his car was white with a roof taxi light, he did not have a meter, and therefore over charged us for the ride. Safety is a much greater concern than overcharging.

A friend will be arriving at this same bus terminal looking for a metered city taxi in a few weeks. Please provide your suggestions on how to find one.

Thank you

7 replies to this topic
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
1. Re: Metered Taxi From Pasay Victory Liner Terminal

how do u know he overcharged?

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
157 reviews
2. Re: Metered Taxi From Pasay Victory Liner Terminal

There are always plenty of taxis at and around Victory Terminal.

I find your posting most unlikely.

Edited: 30 November 2012, 22:03
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,329 posts
254 reviews
3. Re: Metered Taxi From Pasay Victory Liner Terminal

A taxi without a meter equals dishonest driver who would never ever undercharge so it is very likely that the OP paid more than the usual rate.

The problem with taxis in that area overcharging passengers is already decades old whether you are a local or foreigner. When I arrived at the Philtranco bus terminal in Pasay it took me more than 15 mins. to look for a taxi willing to use a meter. I have no other advice other than just being persistent otherwise overcharging taxi drivers would definitely win.

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
157 reviews
4. Re: Metered Taxi From Pasay Victory Liner Terminal

I don't know about Philtranco but I have never found a problem at Victory.

They allow taxis in the terminal to drop off passengers and I have always hired the taxi as soon as it was empty.

The number of taxis bringing passengers was sufficient to take those waiting for taxis.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,739 posts
163 reviews
5. Re: Metered Taxi From Pasay Victory Liner Terminal

I have taken taxis out of Victory many times, they have been plentiful, allowed in the terminal area and easy to get. Its hard for them to get fares once they pull out of the terminal right away, so they are glad to take passengers. Yes, some will try no meter, but just get out and take the next one and if they do say no meter they will not be allowed to take another passenger after you if you get out as the guards will throw them out. Never walk out of the bus station, as no need.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Metered Taxi From Pasay Victory Liner Terminal

Thank you for your replies.

I will advise my friend to wait on the terminal property near the main street, where I have seen taxis dropping off passengers. He can then take the first metered city taxi he sees that agrees to use their meter.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,735 posts
345 reviews
7. Re: Metered Taxi From Pasay Victory Liner Terminal

If you are arriving late at night like the wee hours, stay near to the terminal.

As others have advice, stay persistent and take a meter taxi.

Even if you are offered a flat fee, make sure that it is a taxi and not some unmark cars. Take down the number plate of the taxi.

Also read the FAQ on taxis scam in the Philippines forum page on the right.

Reply to: Metered Taxi From Pasay Victory Liner Terminal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pasay