We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flic En Flac or North for activities?

3 posts
Flic En Flac or North for activities?

Hi everybody,

I will be in Mauritius for 9 days in early September with my girlfriend. Planning to stay 7 or 9 days in Flic and other 2 days in North.

What is your suggestion, shall we even move from Flic to North for few days or not?

How is Flic en Flac for arranging atractions on the island? Does this place cover activities in all island or it's better to take some 2 or 3 days out of 9 in North and book some tours there?

Planning to go snorkeling, Catamaran tour and tour on the island.

Thx for your replies.

5 replies to this topic
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,461 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Flic En Flac or North for activities?

I'm not keen on moving during my holidays! It wastes a day checking out and checking back into the next hotel. Mauritius is certainly small enough to explore from one central point. Plenty to do and see in the Flic en Flac area.

Have you booked accommodation already as you'll be there very soon?

3 posts
2. Re: Flic En Flac or North for activities?

Hello to you and thanks for quick reply,

I will follow your advise, ok...

No, not booked yet accomodation. Flic is fine to explore the island?

i read that trips with taxi drivers may be an experience. Also read that there are many tourist offices in Flic en Flac to book a trip, is this correct? Any special recommendation about it?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,461 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Flic En Flac or North for activities?

Yes, you can see every thing from Flic en Flac - nothing is more than about a 90 minute drive away. You can either book a customised tour with a taxi and see only what you want to see or you can book yourselves onto a bus tour and see all that it has to offer. Have a look at this website for an idea of some of the more popular tours that most operators offer. Shop around for prices in Flic en Flac as prices do vary for the same tours.

https://www.mautourco.com/

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
36 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Flic En Flac or North for activities?

We stayed in the north but explored the island. Personally I would not stay anywhere else. It was so beautiful up north. 5 minutes on Flic en Flac beach and my kids wanted to leave. But it depends on what you are looking for. The north has beautiful beaches, catamaran tours and easy bus transport along the coast. The flic en Flac area is more built up and most probably more central to explore. But it’s easy to explore from anywhere. Either way you will love Mauritius

Paarl, South Africa
4 posts
5. Re: Flic En Flac or North for activities?

Hi where in the north did you stay?.which part

Reply to: Flic En Flac or North for activities?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted