We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel?

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel?

Hi, im looking at going to flic en flac this year, iv narrowed down my search to the sands suite resort and spa and sugar beach hotel. Can anyone recommend which is best? Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,326 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel?

Depends what you are looking for. The Sands is a smaller, more intimate hotel more suitable for couples than families. They don't offer All Inclusive that I'm aware of unless that's changed since we stayed there a couple of years ago. Sugar Beach is much bigger with a number of restaurant options plus you can use all of the facilities and restaurants of La Pirogue next door which is part of the same group. I haven't stayed at Sugar Beach so can't comment from personal experience. My review of The Sands is below.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.za/ShowUserReview…

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
45,592 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel?

I've stayed at Sands once and Sugar Beach's sister hotel La Pirogue seven times so used facilities at Sugar Beach.

As Dee said Sands is a small hotel. It's family run and attracts more couples than families. It had a refurb a few years ago. It has only one other restaurant besides the a la carte one, so not much choice where to eat.

Sugar Beach/La Pirogue is a huge resort and you have lots of choice where to eat etc and more extensive facilities.

TBH I would look at La Pirogue. It's the nicer hotel with bungalows in the extensive coconut grove gardens and recently had a total refurb.

Sugar Beach rooms are in need of a refurb and has a much busier feel to everything. La Pirogue is much quieter IMO.

I think the beach at La Pirogue end is nicer than SB or Sands.

I have several reviews in my profile, one on Sands though a few years ago now, and quite a number on la Pirogue.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel?

Great, thank you very much both!!

Edited: 10 April 2018, 21:56
west midlands
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel?

Stayed at sugar beach few years ago,had a fantastic time, staff were very good, did 2 weeks AI, ,a lovely 2 weeks one of our best ever holidays.

sheffield, south...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel?

Not stayed but picked up there on a trip we went on, beautiful place, always wanted to stay there since but always been expensive when I've priced it. Guy who did our trip who visits all hotels obvs sed it was the best and his favourite hotel on the island, so that's sayin something x

Reply to: Which hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted