We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Hi there,

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Maldives in February 2017 and would appreciate some ideas and suggestions regarding the planning of this trip.

We have 8 nights to spend in the Maldives, and thinking of visiting two different resorts in the South Ari Atoll or North-and South Atolls, 4-nights at each resort. ( the reason for this, is that we would like to see and experience as much of the Maldives as possible) My question is, what two resorts are a 'good combination'? bearing in mind travelling convenience between the two? We are interested in two resorts that have different qualities ( for example, one popular for its house reef, and one popular for its surrounding islands/sandbanks) We are interested in over-water villas and superb photo opportunities as we are both keen nature-photographers. Our budget allows 4/5* and if possible, we would like to arrive at the resort by sea-plane.

I look forward to your ideas and suggestions and thank you very much!

Regards,

Lizelle

Male
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Transfers are organised by the resorts, so you would just contact the two resorts and ask them for the price of a speedboat transfer.

Kat

middx
Level Contributor
321 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Mirihi is fabulous, if you do two resorts make sure you do mirihi last so you do the best last. Angaga is very near, would be a cheaper transfer you could do beach villa there and waste villa at mirihi.

But I would stick to one resort.

middx
Level Contributor
321 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Sorry, wretched autocorrect, obviously water villa not waste!

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Thank you Sandj1! We would also rather stay at one resort, but unfortunatly Mirihi doesnt do 'all inclusive' and that's something we would like to experience together with the opulence of an exclusive resort like Mirihi, so trying to get 'best of both worlds' by splitting our stay in two. (Plus a full stay at Mirihi is a bit out of our budget) :)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Hi

If you were doing 2 country's I too would recommend doing Mirihi last but as you are doing 2 Maldives islands I'm not so sure. Maybe do Mirihi and enjoy the fantastic reef and tranquility of the small island feel and then move onto Vilamendhoo to enjoy the AI. Vilamendhoo also has a pool to relax around. The reef is great at Vilamendhoo and most of the beach is excellent but it does have some erosion in parts. The AI package is very good so you can enjoy that too.

For transfer speak to the resort.

Darryl

16. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2017, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll