We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Hi there,

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Maldives in February 2017 and would appreciate some ideas and suggestions regarding the planning of this trip.

We have 8 nights to spend in the Maldives, and thinking of visiting two different resorts in the South Ari Atoll or North-and South Atolls, 4-nights at each resort. ( the reason for this, is that we would like to see and experience as much of the Maldives as possible) My question is, what two resorts are a 'good combination'? bearing in mind travelling convenience between the two? We are interested in two resorts that have different qualities ( for example, one popular for its house reef, and one popular for its surrounding islands/sandbanks) We are interested in over-water villas and superb photo opportunities as we are both keen nature-photographers. Our budget allows 4/5* and if possible, we would like to arrive at the resort by sea-plane.

I look forward to your ideas and suggestions and thank you very much!

Regards,

Lizelle

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,600 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Hi

Barring in mind February is high season and therefore the most expensive time to visit , what is your budget for accommodation and transfer ?

Male
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
2. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

If you're travelling to ari atoll, you're going to have to go by seaplane to get to your resort, so you can tick that off your requirements.

I can understand if you want to try out two different hotels in that time frame but it won't show you two different sides of the Maldives because there'll be no difference in the country - only the hotel will be different. Likewise, pretty much all resorts have access to sandbanks etc, so that's not really a reason to go to the trouble of switching hotels.

Kat

Milaidhoo Island Maldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Thank you Kat for your advice!

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Hi! Our budget is about $10000 for 8-days. This is excluding our international flights.Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

You want to move for 4 days each??

You could end up wasting a lot of your time packing unpacking and the transfer between. Would also eat into your budget.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Hi, yes I think you are right. thanks! :)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,600 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Hi

So maybe mix a mid size island such as...

Lilly Beach

Vilamendhoo

With a smaller island. ..

Mirihi

Athuruga

Angaga

This will keep transfer time and cost down due to the fact they are all in the same area.

Darryl

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Thank you Darryl! Ill have a look at your suggested resort!

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Thank you Darryl! Ill have a look at your suggested resort!

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Two resorts in the South Ari Atoll?

Hi Darryl,

I have a question for you regarding my bookings in the Maldives. I really liked your suggestion of a mid-sized island combined with a smaller island. I havd booked Mirihi for 4-nights (Agoda.com) and now deciding on a 'near by' island resort that offers 'all inclusive' and is a little bit cheaper, but easy accessable. You have mentioned Vilamendhoo. Would this be your first choice if you had to choose a second island resort close to Mirihi? I'm curious to your personal opinion. We would like an island with fantastic beaches/lagoons if possible, ( since we will have 'ticked the box' with Mirihi's house reef. Could you also recommend the best way to orginise a transfer speedboat between the two islands, and if I need to rather speak to a travel agent to orginise this for me?

I really appreciate your time and suggestions!

Regards,

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll