We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanjong jara weather and monkey advice!!!

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Tanjong jara weather and monkey advice!!!

We're heading off to Tanjong Jara in March 2006 for 12 nights, we've had mixed reviews about the place and also the weather at that time of year is of some concern. I dont mind the odd wet day or storm but 24/7 rain and cloud wont be much fun!

Im a keen swimmer, I have heard the sea is not swimmable there, also no snorkelling?

There's 3 of us travelling weve booked the Serambi rooms (x 2), my only other concern is monkeys!!!! (rain doesnt bother me!) sounds daft but got munched by one as a kid and never really liked them up close and personal!!!

Are there many around? if so which type!!!

Best wishes and happy travels

Chris

London
4 posts
1. Re: Tanjong jara weather and monkey advice!!!

Chris,

Have just returned from my honeymoon at the Tanjong Jara, and rest assured it is amazing..!!

The sea was fantastic (clear blue) it did get a little rough in the evening s though & the odd jelly fish. Their is also a very good area nearby for snorkelling, you can book your trip from the water sports centre.

With Regards to Monkeys i did not see one in my 10 days their but apperently they are there but only in certain areas in the resort, so just keep your doors shut.

Hope this helps and have a great time.

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Tanjong jara weather and monkey advice!!!

Thanks for that!! What sort of room did you stay in? We are a bit limited when we can go (all 3 of us are in the healthcare profession so serious rest and relaxtion is in order!), what sort of price were things like the minibar, bar etc and could you buy water from the shop on site to save costs?

We're all very excited now!

Glad you had a great time!!!

Best wishes

Chris

London
4 posts
3. Re: Tanjong jara weather and monkey advice!!!

We stayed in an Anjung room / villa it was amazing, right on the beach front.

Prices in the resort are not too bad although wine is very expensive (£25) cheapest.

With regards to the mini bar its not too bad, you get a complimantry bottle of water in it every day with the beers and soft drinks all about £2.50 each.

This is deffinatley the place for rest, relaxation & sampling a bit of 'Malay culture'.

Enjoy.

Get answers to your questions about Dungun
More Dungun Topics